The AEQ ARENA is a digital mixing console for radio broadcasting applications. It is especially designed for controlling on-air transmissions, and is adaptable to different working situations that arise in today's radio operations. The ARENA includes all the basic features needed in this sort of environment: automatic monitor cut-off, cough muting, fader start, control signalling, control signals for the automation of external equipment, external communications management, intercom, etc.
Thanks to its special characteristics, it easily adapts to different working configurations: autocontrol (self-op), control room-studio, control associated with several studios, mixed configurations, integration into large facilities, etc.
One of the most important virtues of this mixer is its routing capability. The system can make more than 30,000 crosspoints. This routing power makes it possible, for example, for all the system outputs to be summable and re-routable to other outputs; it enables as many n-1 buses or clean-feeds to be created as there are available outputs,
Simplicity and control power are combined to make both the most basic and advanced operating tasks easy.
The flexibility offered by the configuration of the ARENA allows the assignment of the signals present in the system to any control channel, and the modification of that signal distribution can be done from the control surface itself.
- Cough muting, ON-AIR signalling for studio and control room, fader start, remote PFL, talkback, automatic monitor cut-off
- Multi-studio control from a single ARENA DM surface
- Unlimited number of n-1 outputs
- Signal grouping option
- Integrated control over external equipment (AEQ hybrids and audio codecs)
- Configurable as Multiplex (Mix-Minus) mixer
- Independent pre-fader / post-fader option for all routings
- Print-out of the connection diagram of the inputs and outputs defined in the system
- Control communication through Ethernet 10/100 connection under TCP/IP protocol
- Selectable auto-startup option under which system starts with the last settings made or with the default configuration
- Inputs and outputs
- Maximum capacity for 21 input / output modules
- Phantom power and transformer balancing for microphone inputs
- Electronically balanced line inputs and outputs
- Transformer-balanced digital inputs and outputs
- Independent sample rate converters for the inputs and outputs
- Accepts AES/EBU, S-PDIF and MADI digital signal formats
- MADI connections via coaxial cable or optical fibre (available in single mode and multimode)
- Four GPIs and four GPOs on each input / output board (analogue, digital and microphones)
- System processing capacities
- Redundant power supply and optional DSP module redundancy
- Capacity for up to 20 DSP modules
- Internal sampling rate: 48 kHz at 24 bits
- Internal bus: 32 bits in floating point
- Gain control (digital and analogue signals): +/- 12 dB
- Selectable balance / pan control for all channels
- Selective phase inversion
- Available audio effects: four-band parametric equalizer, high and low pass filters, compressor-limiter, noise gate, delay, reverb