Superb Audio Quality
Active microphone and line signal splitting has a number of benefits over using passive splitters: primarily these are improved sound quality, noise figures comparable to the best microphone inputs, and increased resistance to RFI.
About the MSX 32
With these benefits in mind, the NEW ARX MSX 32 Active Microphone/Line Splitter has been developed to deliver the performance required by the increasing complexity of today's standards of audio production.
The MSX 32 consists of eight channels of actively buffered ultra low noise Microphone/Line Splitter. Each of these channels has two transformer Balanced splits on the front panel and two electronically Balanced outputs on the rear panel for Main and Monitor. These can be optionally transformer Balanced.
Each channel has a –20 dB pad switch plus silently switchable 48V Phantom power with indicator LED. A PFL switch and 6 LED metering enables each channel to be easily checked with headphones for signal monitoring, and also for line tracing when troubleshooting. The PFL busses of multiple MSX32 units can be linked by connectors on the rear panel.
Gain through the MSX 32 can be set individually by adjusting the rotary Gain control on the front panel of each channel, from 0dB through to +40 dB in 10 dB steps.A ‘Link’ switch links each channel to the previous one, providing an ultimate maximum of 32 Outputs from a single input. An indicator LED shows when this is active. A Clip LED indicates imminent signal overload through the channel.Each channel also has a rear panel switch hard-linking the Input to the Main output.
Internally, powerful RF input filtering removes both common mode and differential interference at ultrasonic frequencies and above. High CMRR is achieved by the use of precision components throughout.
Internal Power Supply and the PSU32 Redundant back-up supply
The MSX 32 uses an internal toroidal transformer based power to get the maximum benefit from the ultra low noise design of the splitter circuitry.
However, for “critical” applications where systems must keep operating, we recommend including the PSU 32 redundant power supply unit. Individual +V, -V and 48VDC rail LED indicators show when the PSU 32 redundant power supply unit is connected to the MSX 32.
An illuminated power switch on the front panel provides visual confirmation of AC power connection to the unit.
The headphone output and the 6 LED PFL metering are both mounted on the right hand side of the front panel. Rear panel connectors enable this function to be linked when using multiple MSX 32 units.To sum up, this feature packed two RU device is the answer wherever transparent signal buffering and routing is required.
- Eight channel / four way split per channel
- Channels linkable up to 1 in, 32 out
- Ultra low noise design
- 'SilentSwitch' Phantom Power switching
- -20 dB pad switch
- 0 to +40 dB Gain on front panel rotary switches
- Headphone monitoring and PFL metering
- Electronically Balanced Inputs with transformer Balanced A and B front splits (standard)
- Transformer Balanced Outputs option for Main and Monitor
- Optional PSU 32 redundant power supply for critical 'must run' situations
- Intuitive, 'user friendly' layout
- Flawless audio performance
- Signal / Noise Ratio -94dB
- Distortion .008% 1KHz; Split, Main and Monitor 0.003%
- Gain through unit Switchable 0, +10, +20, +30, +40 dB
- Maximum Output +24dB
- Pad Switch -20dB attenuation
- Phantom Power +48VDC slow turn on/turn off
- Output Impedance
- Front - 600 Ohm Transformer Balanced;
- Rear - 100 Ohms Electronically Balanced (Optional 600 Ohm Transformer balancing available)
- Clip LED 1dB before clipping
- Headphones 1 watt/8 ohms
- AC Mains Input Fused IEC socket with removable power lead
- AC Power Fixed: 220-240V AC 1 amp, 100-120V AC 2 amp
- Transformer Type Low noise shielded toroidal
- Size 2 RU - 19"W x 3 1/2"H x 8"D, 482 x 89 x 200 mm
- Weight ~ 15 lbs (~7 Kg) model dependent
- MSX 32 BST: Electronically Balanced Main and Monitor Outputs, Transformer Balanced Outputs Splits 1 and 2
- MSX 32 T/ALL: Transformer Balanced All Outputs