The MX882 is definitely one piece of gear every audio engineer and musician should always have close at hand. This ultra-flexible, little “life saver” has proven invaluable time and time again in live performances, professional recording studios, CD and digital production facilities, and a variety of other scenarios where the show simply had to go on! The MX882 is ideal for distributing a stereo signal to several outputs (splitter mode); combining multiple signals into a stereo output (mixer mode), or adapting signal levels of signals for a variety of audio applications (buffer amplifier). The ULTRALINK PRO MX882 can perform all of these functions easily and simultaneously – it is quite literally, the audio version of a “Swiss Army Knife”.
It’s a Mixer – It’s a Splitter
Basically, the MX882 consists of 6 mono channels, which can be used either as a splitter or as a mixer. For instance, a stereo program source can be connected via the Main Inputs, and then routed to any of the mono channels set to Split mode. For our example, we’ll use Channel 1 with the Split/Mix switch in the out (Split) position. Adjust the Channel 1 Balance/Pan control to set how much of the Left and Right Main Input signal is routed to the Channel 1 mono Output XLR. And you can do the same thing with all 6 of the MX882 channels. In Mix mode, the input signals from any, or all, of the MX882’s 6 channels can be mixed to the stereo Main Output, with their individual Balance/Pan controls determining the signal’s placement within the stereo image (Pan). It is advantageous that when operating in Mix mode, the stereo Main Input signal is automatically sent to the Main Outputs – allowing you to combine a total of up to 8 individual signals. The mono Input signals are still sent to their mono outputs, which means each channel can also be used as an individual matching amplifier. The Level controls for the corresponding channels enable the user to adapt the levels at will, with a maximum gain of +15 dB. Levels used in home-recording can easily be converted into studio levels (+4 dBu), and vice versa.
- Ultra-low noise 8 in/2 out line mixer and 2 in/8 out line splitter
- Each channel can operate independently in mixer or splitter mode
- Usable as 6 in/6 out level matching amplifier or direct injection box
- Converts levels between -10 dBV and +4 dBu
- Extremely wide bandwidth from 5 Hz to 200 kHz for highest signal integrity
- 6 mono in, 6 mono out, 2 main inputs and 2 outputs
- 4/8-segment input/output level meters for all channels
- Internal switch-mode power supply (100
- - 240 V~) for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Designed and engineered in Germany