The FORUM is AEQ's next-generation console. It's a, compact, completely self-contained digital audio mixing console specifically designed for use in On-Air broadcast production. Its modular design provides flexibility and can be equipped as all digital, all analog, or any combination of the two - you choose!
Just some of FORUM's many built-in features are: Hi-Res OLED displays, dual stereo VU meters, programmable function keys, GPI, GPO, studio & control room monitoring and headphone outputs, talk-back mic input, dual Ethernet ports and external time sync port. Forum has a wide array of multi-channel digital I/O (AES/EBU or SPDIF), analog I/O, TELCO hybrid, dual mic/line (w/48V) and MADI I/O modules. Other great features include automatic monitor speaker cut-off, cough muting, fader start, control signaling, external equipment interface signaling, external communications management, intercom, etc.
FORUM has internal routing of any combination of 64 inputs/outputs of analog, digital, or mic, plus external routing of an additional 64 input/output channels via its MADI interface - a total of 128 X 128. Channel configurations are stored in memory and are easily recalled. Gain, balance, dynamics, equalization, filters, and noise gates on all channels.
FORUM's well thought out design and reduced footprint adapts perfectly to any environment - auto and studio control, radio and television production, pre/post production, mixed configurations, large installation integration, etc. An easy and affordable standalone solution for any broadcast studio. The perfect way to migrate to fully digital operations from analog or combine the two formats - the best of both worlds.
FORUM combines simplicity and powerful control for affordable and easy operation. It is configured with 12 faders and can hold up to 14 interface modules, making it ideal for any size station - small, medium or large.
- Low Profile, Small Footprint, Self-Contained, Ergonomically Designed Chassis
- 14 Slot Capacity
- 2 Precision VU Meters
- 15 Programmable Soft Keys
- 1 OLED Multifunction Configuration / Control Display w/ Rotary Encoders & LED Illuminated Select Buttons
- 2 OLED Studio & Control Room Monitoring Displays w/ Rotary Encoders & LED Illuminated Select Buttons
- 4 Push-To-Talk Buttons For Direct Intercom
- Each Fader Has: Fader Start On All Channels, 4 Routing Buttons, 1 OLED For Channel Name, Balance, Pan, Status, Level Display, 1 CUE button, 1 BALance, 1 EQualization, 1 DYNamics, & 1 GAIN LED Indicator, 1 ON-AIR Indicator, 2 Activation Buttons
- 100 mm Smooth Operation Faders
- Cough Muting
- N-1 Output Configuration
- Clock, Timer & Stopwatch
- Selectable Boot-Up: Last Used or Factory Default
- Test Tone Generator
- 64 x 64 Channel Internal Routing & Gain
- 64 x 64 Channel External Routing Via Optional MADI
- 48 KHz 24 Bit Operation
- 20 Stereo Channel Processing: 3 Band EQ, HP 7 LP Filters, Comp/Lim, & Noise Gate
- 1 CUE Speaker
- 8 General Purpose Signaling Inputs
- 8 General Purpose Signaling Outputs
- 4 Relay Contact Signaling Outputs
- 2 RJ-45 10/100 TCP/IP Ethernet Ports
- 1 RJ-45 External Time Sync Port
- 2 TRS Headphone Jacks
- 1 XLR Jack Selectable As Talk-Back Mic or Line w/48V Phantom Power
- 2 Stereo Line Level Output DB-9 Ports
- 90-240 VAC
- 50/60 Hz Auto-Ranging High Capacity External Power Supply
- Configuration & Real Time Control Software
FORUM F-12 Configuration
- 1 Mainframe (1 FR01 CHASSIS)
- 12 Faders (3 FRCH MODULES)
- 4 Mic/Line Inputs (2 FR03 MODULES )
- 16 Mono/8 Stereo Analog Inputs (2 FR04 MODULES)
- 8 Mono/4 Stereo Analog Outputs (1 FR05 MODULE)
- 4 Digital Stereo Inputs/4 Digital Stereo Outputs (1 FR02 MODULE)
- 8 Blank Module Covers (8 FR21 COVERS)
- Width: 702 mm (27 5/8").
- Depth: 548 mm (21 1/2").
- Height: 135 mm (5 3/8").
- Weight: ~15 kilos (~33 lbs) (depending upon configuration).
- 48 kHz, 24 bit internal sampling frequency.
- ± 12 DB gain control (analog and digital signals).
- Selectable balance/panorama control on all channels.
- Selective phase inverter.
- Audio processing for 20 stereo signals
- Pre-defined audio processing that allows manual adjustment.
- Available audio effects: 3 band equalizer, high pass and low pass filters, compressor/limiter, and noise gate.
- Audio gain adjustment for up to 128 inputs, including those embedded.