Sorry, this product has been discontinued. We've left this page up for reference only. Please see suggested alternatives at right or call us at (800) 433-2105 to inquire about similar products.
The Black Comp is a Class A, transformer balanced optical compressor/ limiter. The Overcomp function allows a large amount of pre-compression to be added to the signal, with some stunning results possible where an increase in the "energy" of the signal is desired. The Smooth function switches the side chain characteristic into a dual mode where a relatively slow RMS sensing circuit allows a gentle levelling of the signal while a peak sensing stage pulls down any peaks that pass through. Gain reduction or output level can be monitored via the VU meter at the top of the module and a link mode allows 2 or more Black Comp modules to form a stereo or multi channel compressor/limiter.
- Discrete Class A circuitry opto compressor
- Transformer balanced input
- VU meter- switched between gain reduction and output level
- Switched Ratio, Attack and Release controls
- "Auto" Release function
- "Overcomp" -Fet based compression circuit for over-compression feature
- "Smooth" -Switches to dual time constant mode for overall mix bus compression
- "Link" - to link modules for multi channel use