Sorry, this product has been discontinued. We've left this page up for reference only. Please see suggested alternatives at right or call us at (800) 979-3311 to inquire about similar products.
The Crest CA series professional power amplifiers are designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability--even when operating under extreme stress--in touring or fixed installation applications.
Features include Crest Audio´s legendary "overbuilt" power supply, a toroidal power transformer, the latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output devices, twin tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow, dual, variable speed DC fans, and massive, extruded aluminum heat sinks. The I/O sections feature balanced XLR and 1/4-inch (TRS) inputs, 5-way binding post outputs or Speakon™ connectors (market dependent). Back panel controls include a stereo/parallel/bridged mono mode selector switch, input sensitivity selection switch, recessed, stepped attenuators and a ground lift jumper.
Crest’s patented TourClass® protection circuits, consisting of ACL (active clip limiting), which prevents speaker damage with gentle gain reduction at clip threshold, IGM (instantaneous gain modulation), which monitors connected loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices, and AutoRamp which gradually increases gain to attenuator setting level when amplifier is turned on. TourClass also includes comprehensive thermal management; and short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection.
All Crest amplifiers have a 5-year warranty.
- 8 Ohm Stereo - 250 W
- 4 Ohm Stereo - 435 W
- 2 Ohm Stereo - 500 W
- 8 Ohm Bridged - 830 W
- 4 Ohm Bridged - 1100 W
- Legendary over-built power supply
- Toroidal power transformer
- Latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output devices
- Twin-tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow
- Dual, rear-mounted, continuously variable-speed fans
- Balanced male and female XLR inputs with switch-configurable XLR polarity and sensitivity selection
- Speakon® or five-way binding post output connectors (market dependent)
- Stereo, parallel, bridged-mono mode selector switch
- Ground-lift switch
- Front panel circuit-breaker switch
- Recessed, stepped attenuators
- SIGNAL present/active, PROTECT, and ACL LED's
- Modular construction
- Powder-coated steel chassis
- Five-year warranty
- Dimensions 19" W x 3.5" H x 18" D (483 mm x 89 mm x 458 mm)
- Weight 41 lbs. (19 kg)