Note: Priced and sold individually.
The CBT 50LA, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control, utilizing analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to accomplish consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor passive column speakers.
The slim, compact design fits well into virtually any architectural decor. The combination of superb sound quality, excellent pattern control, and compact (53 cm [20.8 in] tall by 10 cm [3.9 in] wide) design makes CBT 50LA ideal for a wide variety of applications, such as retail stores, concourses, transit spaces, fill applications, conference rooms, architectural spaces, audio for video, lecture halls, and other applications where such a combination is desired.
The voicing can be set to match the application through the Music/Speech switch, conveniently located on the side of the cabinet. The Music setting provides flat frequency response, while the Speech setting produces a midrange presence boost to provide clear, intelligible speech even at the longest throw distances.
The drivers feature dual neodymium magnets for light weight. Copper-capped pole pieces lower both the driver inductance and the flux modulation. This increases high-frequency extension and reduces distortion at high drive levels. Butyl rubber surrounds provide long life even in high humidity environments. The drivers are shielded.
Dynamic SonicGuard™ minimizes distortion at high drive levels by limiting low frequency excursion dynamically. This maximizes clarity at high drive levels while protecting the drivers from damage due to overpowering.
A wall-mount bracket is included and ten M6 inserts on the back panel fit the spacing of common mounting brackets, or can be utilized to suspend the speaker using M6 forged shoulder steel eyebolts, providing versatility of installation.
CBT 50LA can be installed either indoors or outdoors. The drivers are weather-treated, the fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet with UV resistant paint is excellent for outdoor applications, external screws are stainless steel, and the painted aluminum grille resists rusting in the harshest conditions.
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth TechnologyTM provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Full fidelity bandwidth.
- Dynamic SonicGuardTM overload protection
- Built-in 70V/100V transformer, plus 8 ohm direct capability.
- Components : Eight 50 mm (2 in) Full-Range
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) : 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Pattern : Vertical 20° (1.5 kHz - 16 kHz, ±10°) / Horizontal 150° (ave, 1 kHz - 4 kHz, ±20°)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m) : 93 dB (speech mode, 2 kHz - 14 kHz) / 89 dB (music mode, 300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Nominal Impedance : 8 ohms
- Power Capacity (8 ohm setting) : 150W (600W peak), 2 hrs / 100 W (400W peak), 100 hrs
- Max SPL : Speech mode: 115 dB cont ave (121 peak) / Music mode: 111 dB cont ave (117 peak)
- 70V/100V Transformer Taps : 60W, 30W, 15W, (7.5W at 70V only), and 8Ω thru, via switch
- Enclosure : Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
- Outdoor Capability : IP-54 rated, per IEC529. UV, moisture and salt-spray resistant
- Color : Black
- Insert Points : Ten M6 insert points on back panel.
- Mounting : Included wall bracket provides continuously adjustable ±15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points within the range. Ten threaded mounting points located on back panel conform to industry standard rectangular 108 x 51 mm (4.25 x 2.0 in) pattern for third-party bracket, or can be utilized for suspension.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 528 x 99 x 153 mm (20.8 x 3.9 x 6.0 in)
- Net Weight : 4.1 kg (9.0 lb)
- Included Accessories : Wall bracket