The days of broadcast hosts having to fiddle with two parallel systems - one for the mic and one for in-ear communication - are over. Welcome to fantastically natural sound reproduction from our proprietary capsule, crystal-clear in-ear communication, great fit and integrated convenience - all in one good-looking headset.
The d:fine 66 In-Ear Broadcast Headset Microphone combines the legendary sound of the 4066 Omnidirectional Capsule with the lightweight and flexible d:fine Headset system and an in-ear driver. This condenser mic is easy and fast to adjust and it offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom.
Like all of the microphones in the range, the d:fine 66 In-Ear Broadcast Headset Microphone, Omnidirectional offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities. The mics effortlessly handle up to 144 dB peak before clipping. And due to their exquisite linear response, low distortion and extremely broad dynamic range, they sound great no matter what the application.
Setting new standards for the broadcast industry
Already the worldwide leader in headset mics for theater and broadcast applications, the d:fine™ In-Ear Broadcast Series now adds an integrated in-ear monitor to create a broadcast and communication headset with outstanding acoustic performance and feather-light comfort.
The in-ear drivers allow no audio leakage to the microphone capsule. They are easily driven due to their high sensitivity. Two sizes of ear-pads are included to fit most ears.
The cable steer, located at the headset mount, controls the cable run down the neck. You can easily adjust the headset mount size.
These innovative headsets - the first of their kind - are designed for broadcast professionals who insist on superior voice reproduction without compromising on simple setup, minimalistic form factor and daylong comfort.
Choose the mic that best meets your needs
The d:fine™ 66 In-Ear Broadcast Headset Microphone are available in a range of variants, colors and boom lengths:
- Single-Ear Mount, Single In-Ear: Easiest to fit. Leaves the smallest visual footprint.
- Dual-Ear Mount, Single In-Ear: Even better mount stability. You can keep one ear open to what’s happening around you.
- Dual-Ear Mount, Dual In-Ear: Allows for two-channel monitoring from producers or for stage monitoring. A great choice for theatre actors and singers.
*Individual microphone booms and cables are available for the d:fine™ In-Ear Broadcast Series. The modular nature of the mics lets you easily choose the best mic/headset combination for your specific needs. Contact your local distributor for other variations and other colors.
Flexible adapter system
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a whole new microphone. And when you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
microdot adapters overview
The d:fine™, d:screet™ and d:vote™ series of miniature microphones work with all leading wireless mic solutions, such as Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Wisycom, Zaxcom and many more. DPA Microphones’ ingenious adapter system is one of a kind in the industry. It protects your investment in fantastic sound for years to come.
- Mic and in-ear monitor integrated in one unique solution
- Easy to mount with minimum cable clutter
- Legendary microphone capsule technology and sound quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Minimal visual impact
- Resistant to humidity
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz.
- High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω. From DAD6001: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Weight: Single Ear: 10 g (0.35 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive-going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- d:fine headset microphones: FIO66-B in-ear broadcast headset microphone, onmidirectional
- Foam windscreen for d:screet and d:fine (DUA0560)