Note: Priced and sold individually. Pictured in white.
The CBT 100LA, with Constant Beamwidth Technology™, represents a breakthrough in pattern control consistency, utilizing complex analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to accomplish superior, consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical of straight form-factor column speakers.
The slim, compact design fits well into virtually any architectural decor. The 100 cm (39.4 in) tall line array height provides consistent pattern control throughout the intelligibility band, making the CBT 100LA ideal for difficult acoustic environments. The combination of superior sound quality, excellent pattern control, and compact design makes CBT 100LA ideal for applications such as lecture halls, transit centers, conference rooms, cathedrals, multipurpose spaces, architectural spaces, and in-wall recessed locations, among many others.
The innovative coverage adjustability allows switching between broad and narrow vertical coverage settings to allow matching the coverage and throw requirements of the application. Coverage can be easily switched in-venue with the speaker already installed. This innovation allows a single loudspeaker model to excel in an extremely wide variety of project types.
The voicing can be set to match the application through the Music/Speech switch. The Music setting provides flat frequency response, while the Speech setting produces a mid-range presence boost to provide clear, intelligible speech even at the longest throw distances.
The drivers feature dual neodymium magnets for light weight. Copper capped pole pieces lower both the driver inductance and the flux modulation, resulting in increased high frequency extension and reduced distortion at high drive levels. Butyl rubber surrounds provide long life even in high humidity environments. The drivers are shielded.
Dynamic SonicGuard™ minimizes distortion at high drive levels by limiting low frequency excursion dynamically. This maximizes clarity at high drive levels while protecting the drivers from damage due to overpowering.
A wall-mount bracket is included, plus ten M6 inserts on the back panel fit the spacing of common third-party mounting brackets, or can be utilized to suspend the speaker using forged shoulder steel eyebolts, providing installation versatility.
CBT 100LA can be installed either indoors or outdoors. The drivers are weather-treated, the fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet is excellent for outdoor applications, external screws are stainless steel screws, and the painted aluminum grille resists rusting in the harshest conditions.
- Patent-pending Constant Beamwidth TechnologyTM provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out-of-coverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage switchable between 40° for medium-throw coverage and 15° for long-throw applications.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Dynamic SonicGuardTM overload protection
- Wall bracket included.
- Built-in 70V/100V transformer, plus 8 ohm direct capability.
- Components : Sixteen 50 mm (2 in) Full-Range
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) : 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Vertical Coverage :
- Narrow Mode: 15° (2 kHz - 16 kHz) (+/-10°)
- Broad Mode: 40° (1 kHz - 16 kHz) (+/-10°)
- Horizontal 150° (ave, 1 kHz - 4 kHz, +/-20°)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m) :
- Narrow: (speech mode) 96 dB (2 kHz - 14 kHz )
- (music mode) 93 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Broad: (speech mode) 93 dB (2 kHz - 14 kHz)
- (music mode) 90 dB (300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Narrow: (speech mode) 96 dB (2 kHz - 14 kHz )
- Nominal Impedance : 8 ohms (in Thru mode)
- Power Capacity (8 ohm setting) : 325 W (1300W peak), 2 hrs / 200 W (800W peak), 100 hrs
- Max SPL :
- Narrow: (speech mode) 121 dB cont ave (127 peak)
- (music mode) 118 dB cont ave (124 peak)
- Broad: (speech mode) 118 dB cont ave (124 peak)
- (music mode) 115 dB cont ave (121 peak)
- 70V/100V Transformer Taps : 100W, 50W, 30W (15W at 70V only), and 8 ohms thru, via switch
- Enclosure : Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
- Outdoor Capability : IP-54 rated, per IEC529. UV, moisture and salt-spray resistant
- Color : Black
- Insert Points : 18 M6 insert points on back panel.
- Mounting : Included wall bracket provides continuously adjustable +/-15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points. Eighteen threaded mounting points located on back panel conform to industry standard rectangular 108 x 51 mm (4.25 x 2.0 in) pattern for third-party bracket, or can be utilized for suspension.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 1000 x 98.5 x 153 (39.4 in x 3.8 in x 6.0 in)
- Net Weight : 7.2 kg (15.8 lb)
- Included Accessories : Wall bracket