The VRX928LA is a lightweight (13 kg/28 lb) compact 8" two-way line array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX928LA is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesn’t call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays such as JBL’s VERTEC or VRX932LA.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX928LA speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide. Since there are two HF drivers in each VRX928LA, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve.
VRX928LA uses “amplitude shading” to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach the distant rear of a room while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area.
- Constant Curvature Array - The waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc enabling them to work together acoustically as if they were a single driver.
- Amplitude Shading- Convenient series of switches on each enclosures that controls the output of each high frequency section in the array.
- Suspension and Rigging.
- Dual Angle Pole Socket - JBL's dual angle pole sockets allow great flexibility in aiming the enclosure (not on - WH version)
- Differential Drive® 8" Woofer.
- Power Rating : 400 W / 800 W / 1600W
- Frequency Range : 57 Hz - 20 kHz (-10 dB)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 230 mm x 420 mm x 270 mm / 9.0 in x 16.5 in x 10.5 in
- Coverage Pattern : 100 x 15 nominal
- Frequency Response : 75 Hz - 20 Hz (+/-3db)
- Crossover Modes : Bi-amp / passive
- Crossover Frequency : 2.0 kHz
- Weight : 12.7 kg (28 lb)