Discontinued. This page remains for reference only.
With up to 4,800 W the K2 is the "smallest" amplifier in K Series. Built on the same technologies and features as present in the bigger models, it makes a full-fledged member of Powersoft's most advanced line. Only 17.6 lbs (8 kg) light, the K2 is the ideal companion for where space, weight, and uncompromised sound quality matter. Per Step-up card a K2 can be upgraded to become a K3 – more power without replacing the entire amplifier.
Small to Medium Scale Touring FOH Systems
Full-range Loudspeakers for Concert Halls, Live Clubs, Corporate Events
- Weight and space saving: unequaled, extremely efficient switch mode PSU and Class D design in only one rack space (1U) and 12kg/26.5lbs
- Power saving: more amp output power from the AC power distro thanks to >90% efficiency, resulting in more overall power from less rack space
- Fewer amplifiers for more speakers: designed for, stable and sounding consistently good with 2 ohm loads
- Outstanding sonic quality per design, including patented output filters
- Highly integrated: internal state-of-the-art DSP optional
- Versatile: large number of amp/system/venue parameters can be configured, locked, and monitored
- Communicative: serial PC interface on board; Ethernet interface including AES3 over Cat-5e optional (KAESOP) for complete remote monitoring and control
- Grows with you and your system requirements: upgradable to the next bigger model by simply purchasing Step-up SmartCards
- Compact size and Light weight - all models only 1 RU and 12 kg (26 pounds) for easier racking and shipping
- Powersoft legendary universal switch mode power supply up to 300VAC tolerant, compact, high performance
- Power Factor Correction (PFC), reducing AC mains current draw and increasing voltage operating range (universal power supply)
- Detachable AC mains cord
- Low Inrush Limiting reduces AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- Fixed frequency switch mode output stage for highest grade audio accuracy
- Patented output filter with ripple cancellation network
- Front panel LCD interactive display and LED level meters
- Lockable user menu for setting max output voltage, max mains current draw, digital gain/attenuation control, defeatable gate selection per channel, limiter and real time
- Gain/sensitivity user selection capability (Digital gain attenuator)
- Built-in defeatable Clip limiters for each channel
- Monitoring of: load impedance, AC mains voltage and current, output voltage, internal temperature
- Downloadable log file of all functional fault events with time related trace
- Hardware monitor available for fast local diagnostics
- Built-in Remote Control (RS 485 interface) for full diagnostic, operational setting and system monitoring, Armonía compatible
- Temperature controlled continuous variable speed fan, front to rear airflow
- Smart card reader for preset load/save, firmware upgrades and step-up power to K8/K10 (or K3)
- Power on/off muting: for 4s at power on, and upon power off amplifiers outputs are muted
- Neutrik® XLR/1/4" Combo balanced input (link out on K2/K3) and Speakon® output connectors
- Fully protected circuitry design including DC, infrasonic, high frequency, thermal overload and short circuit
- Comprehensive protection circuitry:
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signals
- VHF protection: protects the loudspeakers against strong very high frequency non-musical signals above the audible range.
- Thermal protection: prevents the amplifier from being overheated. The protection indicators on the front panel are switched on, as a warning, before the protection process is initiated.
- AC protection: shuts down the power supply if the line voltage is outside the operating voltage.
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching the loudspeakers, whilst maintaining full peak power.
- Full four-year warranty from Powersoft