The QSC CXD4.5 is a 4 Channel 1150W Power Amplifier for install applications. The QSC CXD 4.5 amp includes both 70V and 100V direct drive capapbility.
Representing a revolutionary advancement in amplifier design, CXD amplifiers feature powerful onboard DSP and deliver robust, high fidelity power housed in a 2RU chassis. Designed with integrators in mind, the CXD line is capable of driving a wide range of speaker configurations including 70V and 100V systems.Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology™ (FAST) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various configurations across one, two, three or all four outputs.
CXD Series amplifiers use QSC’s next generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a new output device. These purpose built MOSFET devices provide high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offer better audio quality and thermal performance due to co-location of the semiconductors.
CXD amplifiers benefit from the proven PowerLight power supply, made even better with Power Factor Correction (PFC) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables CXD Series amps to draw current from the wall in a more efficient and controlled manner resulting in incredible power from a single standard AC breaker.
CXD amplifiers also incorporate several energy conservation and efficiency strategies. One such tool is the unique multi-stage sleep mode that saves energy when possible without sacrificing performance.
A single CXD Series amplifier is more than just an amplifier. It is also a capable and sophisticated speaker processor. Integration of DSP and amplification means that the processor knows exactly what the amplifier is doing, allowing the dynamics processing and protection circuitry to be far more accurate and effective. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that provide the amplifier and speaker combination to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
The onboard DSP offers four channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, alignment delay and dynamics processing - everything needed to optimize a speaker system. Additionally when using QSC speakers, the CXD amplifiers offer Intrisic Correction™, a combination of Filtering, Limiting and speaker processing first developed for our WideLine line array speakers, that compensates for the non-linearities in array and horn design, resulting in exceptional performance.
With four channels of amplification plus signal processing in just 2RU, the CXD series replaces equipment taking up as much as three times the rack-space.
Simplicity and Control
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 modifiable factory presets for the most common applications. A Preset Wizard is also available that simplifies amplifier setup and enables selection of speakers. With an intuitive front panel UI, programming is a breeze. The CXD amplifiers also offer GPIO for system supervision and the ability to utilize contact closures to set the amps into standby or recall specific presets. With a host of integration features the CXD amplifiers are perfect for your application.
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology™ (FAST) drives most any speaker system or configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three or all four channels.
- Full function onboard speaker processing DSP with Crossover and Parametric EQ Filters, Limiting and Alignment Delay eliminate the need for outboard speaker processors.
- PowerLight universal switchmode power supply with PFC for highest effiency, improved audio performance, and low heat dissipation.
- Preset Wizard simplifies amplifier setup providing system design tools and speaker selection from a list of speakers.
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction™ processing maximizes the sonic performance of QSC speakers.
- 20 Factory Preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 User Presets.
- Integrated front panel with channel Select and Mute buttons, Input and Output LED Metering, 400x240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles.
- GPIO for additional functionality including a heartbeat output for Life-Safety supervision.
- Four Input Phoenix connectors, and four Phoenix touch-proof Speaker