The Rane MLM82S features four balanced, studio grade, Mono Mic/Line Inputs with XLR jacks and 15 VDC phantom power. Each of the four Mic/Line Inputs may be assigned to the A, the A+B or the B Outputs. Independent Level/Gain Trim controls and Signal/Overload indicators are provided for each Mic/Line Input. The Phantom Power switch and the Mic / Line switches are located on the rear panel. Phantom power is removed from any Input set for Line operation.
The MLM82S also features four stereo line level inputs with 12 dB of line gain. Each Stereo Line Input features a recessed Mono switch with indicator and Level control. These Inputs may also be used with four Mono A Inputs and four Mono B Inputs. You get the picture… this mixer is very versatile.
A and B Output Level controls set the master mix level independently for A and B Outputs. The mix amplifiers feature independent overload indicators. To correct any overload condition, the entire mix can be reduced and/or individual Input Levels adjusted. A and B mix Outputs each have an internal switch for padding the output signal to Mic level. The factory default is Line level.
With features like Mic-Line A / A+B / B Assign switches, independent Stereo Line Input Mono switches and additional line gain, the MLM82S is one of the most versatile mixers in its class. It is ideal for installations requiring ease of use, compact size, low cost, high performance and security. Applications include, but not limited to, hotels, conference rooms, schools and rental sound systems.
For Music Applications
The MLM82S can be a compact mixer for 4 mics and 4 stereo keyboards right into an amplifier. It can also be a local sub-mixer for a larger system output to a console in a theater. The studio-grade specifications of the MLM82S are perfectly clean and ideal for sub-mixing, recording and post-production. To connect to mic-input consoles, the XLR outputs can be switched from Line level to Mic level with internal switches.
For Boardroom Applications
The Mic / Line Assign switches and independent Mono switches for each of the Stereo Line Inputs make the MLM82S a true, dual-zone capable mixer. The Outputs may be thought of as two independent rooms or a single stereo meeting room. In this example, when a mic is switched to "B" on the front panel, it is only sent to the output teleconference audio feed. The line sources, with Mono switches on, are heard in both locations.
This system can also serve as a 2-room combine by replacing the Teleconference output with a second powered speaker or ceiling array for the other end of a room. Each mic can be switched to be heard in Room A, B or both.
Four balanced Mic/Line Inputs (XLR) with:
- 15V phantom power
- Bi-color signal present / overload indicators
- Trimless mic stage preamplifiers
- A / A+B / B Assign Switch
Four Balanced Stereo Line Inputs (1/4" TRS) with:
- Independent Mono switch
- 12 dB of line gain
Two balanced Outputs (XLR) with:
- Independent Overload indicators
- Independent Level controls
- Internal pad for Mic level output
Inputs: Type Active Balanced
- Mic Connectors XLR pin 2 = (+)
- Stereo Line Connectors ¼" TRS tip=(+), ring=(–), sleeve=GND
Mic / Line Input Impedance 1k / 96k 1% Ω Balanced 500+500 / 48k + 48k
- Mic Gain Range off to +60 ±1.5 dB
- Line Gain Range off to +20 ±1.5 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise -128 typ dBu 20 kHz bandwidth, 150 Ω termination
- THD & Noise 0.02 max % Gain=40 dB, +4 dBu @ 1 kHz, 80 Hz BW
- Frequency Response 30 Hz - 35 kHz -3 dB
- Maximum Input 11.9 typ dBu Minimum Gain (3 Vrms)
- @ Mic Level 38.6 typ dBu Maximum Gain (9.1 mVrms)
Stereo Line Input Impedance 20k min Ω
- Gain Range off to +12 ±1 dB
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 90 typ dB Unity gain, output @ +4 dBu, 22 kHz BW
- Frequency Response 10 Hz - 35 kHz -3 dB
- THD & Noise 0.007 max % +4 dBu at 1 kHz, 80 kHz BW
Outputs: Type Active Balanced
- Connectors XLR
- Impedance 200/100 1% Ω Line level Out/Mic level Out
- Gain Range Off to +6 ±2 dB
- Drive Level +24 dBu 600 Ω load balanced
Phantom Power +15 4% VDC
Output Cable Length 1500 typ feet Line-level, <50 pF per foot
Crosstalk -75 @ 1 kHz max dB re +4 dBu any channel to any channel
Power Supply Requirement 100 to 240 10% VAC 50/60 Hz, 7W
Unit: Conformity CE, FCC, CULUS
Unit: Construction All Steel
- Size 1.75"H x 19"W x 5.3"D (1U) (4.4 cm x 48.3 cm x 13.3 cm)
- Weight 4 lb (3 kg)