The brain of the Stem Audio ecosystem for conference rooms, Stem Hub connects multiple devices (Stem Table, Stem Wall, and Stem Ceiling) through your local network with PoE+ (Power over Ethernet) and acts as the communication center for a meeting room, collaboration area, or huddle room.
The Stem Hub can connect up to 12 devices per room and is required when using more than one Stem device. Multiple connectivity options are available including USB Type-B for use with a computer, Dante, VoiP, and terminal block for external speakers. The unit cannot be used as a standalone device.
With a sleek and low-profile design, the Stem Hub discretely mounts on a wall. It comes with a Kensington lock so you can keep it secure in your conference room.
Ethernet with PoE+
- This connection is mandatory as it provides the unit with data, power, SIP, and the ability to communicate with other Stem devices.
- To make this connection, simply plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet jack and the other end into a network that supports PoE+.
- If your network doesn't support PoE+, you must use a separate PoE+ injector or PoE+ enabled switch (both available separately).
- This connection provides a single output and input Dante channel to and from all Stem devices in the room.
- For this connection, plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Dante port on the Hub, and the other end into your Dante network.
- This connection is necessary for video or audio conferencing capabilities.
- For this connection, use the USB type B cable provided and connect one end into the USB port and the other to your macOS/Windows/Linux computer.
- This unamplified connection can be used whenever external speakers/amplification is required.
- Use the provided male terminal connector to wire your speaker/amplifier cables into the Hub's female terminal block.
- After connecting external speakers, you must initiate Stem RoomAdapt software to ensure speakers perform properly.