Inspired by the legendary SM7B, the MV7 is a dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs for use with desktop, mobile and professional interfaces alike. Powered by Shure's Voice Isolation Technology, the MV7 is perfect for capturing clear audio in less-than-ideal acoustic environments. The directional dynamic microphone capsule is optimized for podcasting, gaming, recording, and live streaming applications. The dynamic design performs better than other common condenser designs in challenging environments.
How it Works
The MV7 is equipped with Voice Isolation Technology so it’s laser-focused on your voice to give you a professional recording, without any background or room noise. Once recording, use the built-in 3.5mm headphone jack to monitor your sound and adjust mic gain, headphone volume, monitor mix and more using the built-in touch panel.
Don’t let the USB connection fool you; the MV7 is a professional dynamic microphone that is compatible with all professional interfaces via XLR if you’re recording in the studio.
- Voice Isolation Technology brings your voice to the forefront of the recording and prevents any unwanted back-ground or room noise from interrupting your sound.
- Auto Level Mode automatically adjusts gain and compression settings to ensure a consistent output.
- App control from integration with ShurePlus MOTIV apps Configure the microphone to perform best for your chosen application.
- USB and XLR Hybrid Microphone allows simultaneous digital and analog recording.
- What's in the Box MV7 Microphone, USB-A Cable, USB-C Cable, Thread Adapter (does not include desktop stand).
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid)
- A/D Converter: 16 or 24-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Adjustable Gain Range: 0 to +36 dB
- XLR Sensitivity: -55 dBV/Pa (1.78 mV) at 1 kHz
- USB Sensitivity: -47 dBFS/PA at 1 kHz
- USB Max SPL: 132 dB SPL
- DSP Modes (Presets): Near/Far, Dark/Natural/Bright
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm (1/8")
- Power Requirements: Powered through USB or Lightning connector
- MFi Certified: Yes
- Software Compatibility: ShurePlus Motiv Audio, Video, and Desktop Apps
- XLR Output Impedance: 314 Ohms at 1 kHz
- Connector Type: Micro-B USB and XLR
- Mounting Type: 5/8"-27 thread mount
- Housing: All-metal construction
- Net Weight: 1.21 lbs
- Dimensions: Microphone: Length 53.6mm; Diameter 66.5mm; Mic in Yoke: 164x153.6 x 90.2mm H x L x D
- System Requirements: Windows 10 64 bit or MacOS 10.13 to 10.15 64 bit (Min 2GB of RAM, Min 500MB of hard disk space on either). iOS 12 and higher, iPhone 6 and higher, iPod Touch 6th gen. Android Oreo 8.0 and higher, USB Host Power Requirement of at least 100 mA, USB Audio Class 1.1 support and higher.
- Cable: Includes one 10-foot Micro-B to USB-A cable and one 10-foot Micro-B to USB-C cable