Zephyr iPort PLUS is a networked multi-codec gateway that enables transport of multiple channels of stereo audio across any QoS-enabled IP network, including T1 and T3 connections and private WANs with MPLS - perfect for large-scale distribution of audio to single or multiple locations.
Zephyr iPort PLUS is the workhorse of codecs, configurable as eight stereo bi-directional MPEG codecs, or for decode of up to 16 MPEG-encoded stereo streams. Adding aptX® or using Linear PCM coding can enable up to 16 bidirectional or unidirectional codecs. Zephyr iPort PLUS connects to Axia® IP-Audio networks using a single CAT-6 cable for all I/O. Don't have a Livewire network yet? Pair Zephyr iPort PLUS with Axia xNode audio interfaces for use as a standalone multiple-stream codec.
Coding algorithms include AAC, AAC-LD, HE-AAC (plus v2), MP2, MP3, linear, and optional aptX® Enhanced*. Bit rates range from 24 to 320 kbps for MPEG codecs, plus standard fixed rates for aptX and linear to over 2 Mbps. In addition, iPort offers dual, parallel-path end-to-end streaming for ultra- reliability and redundancy. For network operators, a unique Content Delay feature allows independent local storage and scheduled delayed playout of any or all coded audio channels for up to six hours.
- Distributes multiple channels of coded audio between broadcast facilities over QoS-enabled IP links.
- Configurable as a CODEC with 8 bi-directional MPEG-coded channels, each with GPIO and PAD - or, as a 16-channel stereo encoder (by adding aptX and/or Linear PCM-coded channels) or 16-channel stereo decoder.
- PCM Stereo coded channels are available for use simultaneously alongside MPEG coded channels, (dependent upon available bandwidth).
- Can also deliver streaming audio channels for Internet transmission via SHOUTcast,
- Steamcast or compatible stream replication server.
- Wide choice of genuine Fraunhofer codecs, including Standard AAC, high-efficiency AAC-HE (aacPlus), AAC-HEv2, low-delay AAC-LD, and MP3, with a choice of bit rates from 24 kbps to 320 kbps, definable per stream.
- Optional aptX® Enhanced audio coding may be ordered at time of purchase or added later, as desired.
- When used as part of a Livewire network, allows audio from remote facilities to be used as if they were local sources, with associated logic and control.
- Eight 5-input Virtual Mixer (VMIX) channels each allow combining and mixing of up to 5 networked Livewire audio streams on a single channel.
- Eight Virtual Mode (VMODE) channels allow audio to be split into left/right channels, summed L+R, and more, prior to encoding and transmission.
- Content Delay option enables delayed playout of any or all selected receive audio channels, along with time-synchronized ancillary data, for up to six hours. Each playback delay time is independently configurable on a per-channel basis, making Zephyr iPort PLUS ideal for network operators, program distribution networks, or delayed playout of received audio at network-affiliated stations.
- Remote control/configuration via any computer with a standard Web browser.
- Separate LAN and WAN ports help ensure network security.
- Fanless, convection-cooled DSP-powered platform with dual-redundant, auto-switching power supplies for maximum uptime. Power supply modules are field-replaceable in minutes.
- Zephyr iPort PLUS has no native audio I/O, operating on streams provided by attached
- Livewire+ audio devices. All audio specifications below are representative of Axia Livewire+ audio interfaces.
Analog Line Inputs
- Input Impedance: >40 k ohms, balanced
- Nominal Input Range: Selectable, +4 dBor -10dBv
- Input Headroom: 20 dB above nominal input
Analog Line Outputs
- Output Source Impedance: <50 ohms balanced
- Output Load Impedance: 600 ohms, minimum
- Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu
Digital Audio Inputs and Outputs
- Reference Level: +4 dB(-20 dB FSD)
- Impedance: 110 Ohm, balanced (XLR)
- Signal Format: AES3 (AES/EBU)
- AES3 Input Compliance: 24-bit with selectable sample rate conversion, 32 kHz to 96 kHz input sample rate capable.
- AES3 Output Compliance: 24-bit
- Digital Reference: Internal (network timebase) or external reference 48 kHz, +/- 2 ppm
- Internal Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- Output Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz
- A/D Conversions: 24-bit, Delta-Sigma, 256x oversampling
- D/A Conversions: 24-bit, Delta-Sigma, 256x oversampling
- Any input to any output: +/- 0.5 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- 1 LAN port, 1 WAN port; 100/1000-BaseT Ethernet interfaces
- Standard AAC, high-efficiency AAC-HE (aacPlus), AAC-HEv2, low-delay AAC-LD, MP3, MP2.
- Optional: Enhanced aptX® from CSR.
- Dual-redundant internal auto-ranging power supplies, 90 – 132 / 187 – 264 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz.
- Power consumption: 100 Watts.