The total music production solution... just got smaller. Zoom takes the turbocharged design of the R24 and scales it down for an ultra-portable music production solution. Like its predecessor, the R8 combines four production tools in one versatile device. In addition to being an 8-track recorder that utilizes SD memory, the R8 is an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler.
It's a Recorder.
With the ability to record two tracks simultaneously, the R8 is perfect for capturing audio on-the-go. Record live music performances, rehearsals, songwriting sessions or even audio for film and video. Capture your audio at up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution as WAV files. On each of its side panels, the R8 features a built-in stereo condenser microphone for field recording or quick, convenient "sketch-pad" ideas. When you're ready, you can use over 140 built-in studio effects to enhance your tracks and the pro-quality mastering effects to ensure that studio sound.
It's an Interface.
The R8 is more than a multi-track recorder. When combined with your compute, it becomes a powerful audio interface. Connect the R8 to your computer via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE software and start laying down your tracks. Simultaneous 2-in/2-out capability allows you to record up to 24-bit/96kHz high-definition audio. If you use the 44.1kHz sampling rate, the internal DSP effects of the R8 are also available for your computer tracks. A dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
It's a Controller.
Computers bring incredible control and power to the recording process, but they're not very intuitive when it comes to mixing. Through a simple USB connection, you can control the transport and mixing functions of major DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar from the R8. No more mixing with a mouse! The R8 makes mixing a pleasure.
And it's a Sampler!
The R8's sampler function consists of eight voices triggered by eight built-in pads. Samples can also be assigned to each pad to create loops. It also has internal drum loops, which allow you to easily create pro-quality backing and basic tracks.
Powered For Portability
Best of all, the R8 will operate on four standard AA alkaline batteries (not included) for over five hours of continuous use. In addition, the R8 comes with a 2GB SD card and supports up to 32GB SDHC cards for a maximum of 100 track hours. Using SD media for recording not only makes the R8 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for hard drive failure. The R8 can also function under USB bus power or with the included AC adapter.
With the new R8 from Zoom, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that fits in a guitar case.
SD card not included.
- 8-track playback, 2-track simultaneous recording
- 48V phantom power available on 2 tracks
- Over 150 DSP effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time
- Two balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs
- Records in 16-bit or 24-bit, 48kHz/44.1kHz WAV files
- Over five hours of operation using four AA batteries/USB bus power (AC adapter included)
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- 2 in / 2 out (2 × 2) via USB
- Steinberg Cubase LE DAW software included
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more!
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation
Sampler / Drum Machine
- Pad sampler with eight voices
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones for instant recording