A favorite of both artists and sound engineers, this bass drum microphone from AKG is a top-of-the-line piece of equipment.
TheAKGD112 MKII professional dynamic large diaphragm microphone is exceptionally constructed to produce the finest bass drum and bass guitar sounds, whether in studio or on the road.
The AKG D112 MkII professional dynamic bass drum microphone features a new integrated flexible mount, while retaining all the sonic strengths that have made it's predecessor the industry-standard. Over the years the D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best bass drum microphones ever made, for its high SPL capability, punchy EQ and bulletproof construction.
The D112 MkII can handle more than 160 dB SPL without distortion. Its large diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency that delivers a solid and powerful response below 100 Hz. Its authoritative low end is complemented by a narrow-band presence boost at 4 kHz that punches through even dense mixes and loud stage volumes with forceful impact. One of the many reasons artists and sound engineers love the D112 MkII is that it requires no additional EQ to sound just right as soon as you bring up the fader. Further refining its performance, the D112 MkII features an integrated hum-compensation coil that keeps noise to an absolute minimum.
In addition to being an exceptional bass drum mic on stage and in the studio, the D112 MkII is an excellent choice for miking electric bass cabinets and trombones.
- Integrated flexible mountmakes it even more versatile
- Bass resonance volume chamberfor unique, punchy sound
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphonedelivers accurate low frequencies
- Integrated hum-compensation coilkeeps noise to an absolute minimum
- Industry benchmark for bass drum microphoneused on stages worldwide for over 30 years
- Audio Frequency bandwidth 20 to 17000 Hz
- Sensitivity 1.8 mV/Pa
- Electrical Impedance 210 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance 2000 Ohms
- Polar Pattern cardioid
- Type Balanced XLR
- Gender Male
- Contacts 3-pin
Dimensions / Weight
- Length 115 mm
- Height 126 mm
- Diameter 70 mm
- Net Weight mic only 300 g