The Allen & Heath XB2-14 broadcast console offers a padless pre-amp design.
Allen & HeathXB2-14 offers a host of specialised broadcast features that normally come at a much higher price, including telephone communication (telco) channels, mic channel ON switch sensing, stereo channel start/cue outputs for playback device control, automatic muting of speaker outputs and much more.
XB2-14 incorporates new features and styling based on feedback from the many broadcasters who have built their operations around the original XB-14. With a wealth of routing options, dual stereo channels for up to 7 stereo sources, and the addition of a dedicated Audition bus, enhanced microphone preamps and stereo channel gain range, XB2-14 satisfies the demands of small radio and internet broadcasters as well as larger studios with multiple rooms. With no less than 27 logic I/O for remote control and 15 configuration switches, XB2-14 is a highly flexible solution.
- 4 mic/line channels
- 4 Dual Source stereo channels
- 2 Telco channels
- HPF and 3-band, swept mid EQ on mono channels
- 2-band EQ on stereo channels
- Variable high pass / low pass filters on Telco channels
- Smooth-ride 100mm faders
- 2-stage, padless pre-amp design
- Fader-start sensing on mono channels
- Start/cue logic outputs on stereo channels
- External meter socket
- Separate headphones mix for engineer/producer and 2 guests
- Auto mutes on control room outputs
- Remote mute facility on mic channels
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Audition bus for auditioning and off-air recording
- Aux and separate stereo busses for processing/recording
- XLR main outputs with inserts
- Input signal and peak metering