The ARC-15 radio console is a powerful, general purpose console that meets the needs for most On Air Radio & Radio Production studio applications. Channels One through Five can be internally selected as either mic or stereo line channels. This is ideal for talk studio applications. Channel fifteen is an advanced telephone interface to an external hybrid for Live callers or an Off-line contest call. Channel fourteen can even be configured with a Windows PC USB interface for use with Live On Air, Automation, & Production software ('Free' Digilink-Xtreme (ARC mode) software is included). With 5 million operation, LED lighted, switches; long life faders; and electronic switching of all audio signal paths; the ARC-15 is a rugged, reliable, and versatile console for professional Radio studio applications.
1-5 high performance Mic channels
Channel one is a dedicated mic channel for the board operator. It features talkback to an separate talk studio. Channel 2-5 can be internally set up as either mono mic or stereo line level inputs. The console therefore supports up to 5 mics and is perfect for talk studio applications. Mic channels 2-5 have remote logic control for turret applications.
Stereo Line level Channels (balanced)
Channels 3-8 are stereo, line level input channels appropriate for source devices like CD players, MP3 players, network feeds, etc. The unbalanced model is ideal for studios where these sources are located locally in the studio itself. The balanced model should be selected if some of these sources (such as a satellite feed) are originated in other studios where the wiring could be long and introduce hum & noise.
Built-in PC sound card on Channel 14 for Play & Record
The ARC-15 contains a built-in, Windows compatible, USB sound card on Channel Fourteen for USB connection to a PC. Most Windows compatible audio software can play and record from the console. Digilink-Xtreme (ARC console mode) software comes free with the ARC console. The Digilink-Xtreme software will recognize the ARC-15 console and operate in the ‘free' ARC-15 mode to provide'Live On Air' features that are ideal for broadcast, internet, or podcast style radio applications. For the ultimate in Automation, full Digilink-Xtreme software (optional) is available throught the 'Xtreme Solutions Program' and provides complete hard disk based automation features for the ARC-15.
NOTE: if the console is a USB sound card model but the feature is not being used, a setup jumper option converts channel nine to an unbalanced (-10dBu) consumer input with RCA connectors.
Telephone Channel on Channel Fifteen for Live On Air Talk or Off-line Contests
Channel fifteen (15) is a dedicated telephone channel that easily connects to an external telephone hybrid. The caller can talk to you through the Cue system while a 'Push to Talk' button enables the Control Room mic to talk off-line to the caller. Just select the Air or Recording bus then turn the channel on. What could be easier?
Balanced, Unbalanced, & Digital Outputs
A console's audio outputs must support the many different types of signal chains & recorders in use today: (+)4dBu balanced XLR plugs, (-)10dBu unbalanced RCA plugs, Windows PC computers, etc.
The Main Program Output is BOTH Balanced & Unbalanced
For long signal runs to other rooms, the console Program output is provided on a +4dBu, balanced, XLR connector. For local connection to unbalanced consumer equipment, the console Program output also features a (-)10dBu RCA jack output.
Audition & Mono Mix outputs are Unbalanced
Because the secondary Program outputs (Audition bus & mono outputs) are most typically used locally in the studio, these outputs are provided on (-)10dBu RCA jack outputs.
A Digital Audio Output via USB to a Windows PC
The USB sound card option features a PLAY stream to channel nine on the console AND a RECORD stream from either the Program or Audition mixing buses (internally jumper selectable). This powerful feature supports audio streaming in full digital to and from the PC computer.
- The ARC-15 contains a built-in, Windows compatible, USB sound card on Channel fourteen (14) for USB connection to a PC.
- ‘Free' Digilink-Xtreme software for ‘Live On Air' with the ARC-15
- Arrakis Digilink-Xtreme software will recognize the ARC-15 console and operate in the ‘free' ARC-15 mode to provide 'Live On Air' features that are ideal for broadcast, internet, or podcast style radio applications.
- Control the PC audio Play List from the Console!
- 500-event Play List for manually assembling a show
- Start & stop the Play List by turning console channel nine on and off
- Cue audio files through the console while playing On Air (uses PC sound card for 2nd play)
- Jingle box supports playing any 3 of up to 300 carts at the touch of a button
- Set the fade parameters on Songs for perfect crossfades in the Play List
- Record the console Audition bus mix direct to the PC
- Phone recorder / editor for recording callers
- Supports up to 1000 audio files in the Library
- Much, much more...
- Extremely cost-effective professional Radio console
- Two stereo Program output mixes (with mono mixdowns)
- Fifteen input source channels
- Optional 16 in x 3 out stereo remote select switcher
- One to Five high performance mic channels & optional 48V phantom power
- Select channel fourteen as a PC computer sound card channel for Play & Record
- One phone input channel for fast Live & Off-line telephone interface (hybrid required)
- Real VU meters for low fatigue monitoring during a long board shift
- Headphone system with stereo amp for 8 ohm (or Hi-Z) headphones
- Cue-talkback system with built-in amplifier and speaker
- Input channel logic for Remote channel on-off-tally and source start-stop
- Provides monitor audio and logic for a Studio /Announce booth
- Optional 16 x 3 stereo switcher for remote input select... handles large studio jobs