Audibox ISO Balancer VC
The NEW ISO Balancer VC still converts a stereo Unbalanced Low Impedance signal to a stereo Balanced Low Impedance signal suitable for use with professional equipment and long cable runs, but now you can reduce the output level as required for accurate level matching.
In corporate AV applications the output from a DVD player, Laptop Computer, i-Pad or other audio source can be remotely controlled externally by the ISO Balancer VC without the need to scroll through pull down menus mid performance, or access the Mixing Console, or AV system network controllers.
Setting and varying DJ monitor loudspeaker levels can be problematic, since most DJ Mixers only have 1 variable master output and a non variable output. The ISO Balancer VC allows the monitor volume to be controlled by the DJ, and provides transformer isolation to eliminate ground loop hums.
Controlling the volume of powered loudspeakers, especially in installations can be difficult when being fed by CD Players etc, which normally have no output level control.
CD player outputs can be connected to the RCA inputs of the ISO Balancer VC, and the Balanced XLR outputs then go to the inputs on a mixer or a pair of powered speakers over long cable runs, without introducing ground hums and other interference. The level can be adjusted from maximum down to zero with the volume control on the ISO Balancer VC.
Transformer Ground isolation provides low-noise operation suitable for any application, and an Audio Ground lift switch is also fitted, to minimise/remove ground loop hum. Switch in or out as required.
The ISO Balancer VC is a totally passive device with no power requirements, making it a truly universal problem solver.
Its heavy duty all-steel chassis is finished in attractive matt textured powdercoat, with hardwearing epoxy screen printing and slip resistant rubber basepad. Security features include Kensington®-type computer lock slot and optional bracket kit for under-table mounting.
- Input Impedance 10K Ohms Unbalanced
- Output Impedance 10K Ohms Balanced
- Input Level (max) +12dB
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20 KHz ± 0.5dB
- Distortion 0.2% Maximum THD, 0dB 1KHz
- Insertion Loss 0.75dB @ 1 KHz (600 Ohm load)
- Input Connector stereo RCA connectors. RCA Ground connected to XLR Pin 1
- Output Connector: 3 pin male XLR, wired Pin 1 Ground, Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 - Cold.
- Construction: All-steel powdercoated chassis, fibreglass PCB
- Any consumer-to-pro interfacing eg. - CD/DVD player to Balanced Input, DJ console monitor speaker feed
- Level Control at the point of balancing