ARX's new single channel SuperSplitter unit is a transformer isolated one input to three outputs passive splitter. It is ideal for splitting one audio signal three ways in applications where complete Galvanic isolation is required. Galvanic Isolation using a transformer is the classic method used to prevent Ground Loops and Hums, providing Noiseless Signal routing, Broadcast Split feeds, Remote Recording splits and many more applications.
The SuperSplitter allows Phantom powering of Microphones and Direct Boxes via the Direct Out to Input XLR, and features 3 XLR direct & Isolated outputs.
The SuperSplitter is housed in a heavy duty all-steel chassis finished in attractive matt textured polyurethane, with hardwearing epoxy screen printing and slip resistant rubber base pad.
Security features include an optional bracket kit for under-table mounting.
The ARX SuperSplitter is hand made in Australia
- Input and Direct output are directly connected via an internal "loop through", allowing +48 VDC Phantom power to pass through the unit to Phantom power Microphones and DI Boxes
- Transformer isolation prevents ground loops, hums and other extraneous electrical noise and interference.
- Available in either Single Channel or Dual Channel "Double Header" format.
- Split 1 and Split 2 are fully transformer isolated outputs, with no direct Earth / Ground connection via XLR pin 1s.
- Uses the same Broadcast standard audio transformer as our industry standard MSX 48 & MSX 12 Splitters.
- Input Impedance 300 Ohms
- Output Impedance 2 secondaries @ 600 Ohms each
- Frequency Response 30Hz - 20 KHz ± 1dB
- Maximum Output Level + 20dBm
- THD at Max Output 0.2% 30 Hz - 20KHz @ 20dBm
- Insertion Loss 0.5dB @ 1 KHz (600 Ohm source & load)
- Input Connectors 3 pin female XLR wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 - Cold
- Direct Output 3 Pin male XLR wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 - Cold
- Split 1 and Split 2 3 pin male XLR wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 - Cold. Audio grounds not connected; Pin 1 is floating.