In the modern multi-zone Installation audio environment it has become a fact of life that one signal now has to go to more than one place, and usually at differing levels. And, to ensure a low noise floor and good frequency response, the split signal needs to be buffered and balanced as well.
To fulfill this seemingly simple but important signal splitting task, ARX hasdesigned the MaxiSPLIT: - two independent channels of 1 into 4 Splitters, switchable to a single channel 1 into 8 Splitter by using the rear panel channel link switch. Mode status is shown by the front panel LED indicators.
Balanced Inputs and Outputs
Each channel features Male and Female electronically balanced XLR inputs, with passive RF filtering to prevent RF breakthrough. Each output features an electronically balanced Male XLR output with individual output gain control on the front panel, providing up to +6dB of gain.
Wide Dynamic Range
Internally, careful attention to signal path design has resulted in a unit with wide dynamic range, enough headroom to cope with the hottest line signal, and better than digital noise specifications.
Universal AC Power
AC power range is a universal 100 to 120V or 220 to 240V AC, and is connected to the unit via a standard IEC connector, with built-in fuse and voltage change switch
A typical MaxiSplit application would be as a Master Line Distribution Splitter. In this way it can control the levels of 4 different zones in a stereo installation, or up to 8 different zones in a mono installation.
Other applications include splitting effects sends to multiple effects units in both Studio and Live sound applications, supplying different feeds from the main signal, and separating OB signals in broadcasting.
Accurate and compact, the MaxiSplit's unique combination of ultra low distortion, low noise and high headroom makes it the ideal installation line distribution splitter.
- Modes of Operation 2 channel 1:4 Splitter, 1 channel 1:8 Splitter
- Input Impedance 44K Ohms Balanced, 22K Ohms Unbalanced
- Input Headroom +21dB
- Output Level +26dB
- Output Signal/Noise (@ unity gain) -95dB unweighted
- -101dB A weighted
- Output Impedance 300 Ohms Balanced, 150 Ohms Unbalanced
- Dynamic Range 121dB
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20 KHz -.5dB
- Distortion (@ unity gain)
- 100Hz .0035%
- 1KHz .0033%
- 10KHz .0037%
- Input Connector Type Female XLR plus Male XLR Input Loop
- Output Connector Type Male XLR
Front Panel Controls
- Individual Level controls for all 8 splits
- Mode status LED's
- Marker panel for labeling split assigns
- Rear Panel
- Balanced Inputs and Outputs, on Balanced XLR connectors
- Switch for 4 x stereo split mode or 8 x mono split mode
- AC input connector, with voltage switch and fuse