The NEW button USB DI Plus VC is ARX's 'Second Generation' USB DI, and the first with Dual Mode audio interface - Digital and Analog. In fact, it's "Two DI's in One! "
In Digital USB Mode
The USB DI Plus VC has an inbuilt 24 bit High Resolution digital to analog converter (DAC) which removes the need to use a Computer's existing internal sound card outputs, with their inherent noise and distortion.
The USB DI Plus VC installs as a fully compatible generic "Plug and Play" USB audio device, requiring no special driver program installation.
The USB DI Plus VC 's DAC delivers Professional Line Level audio signals to Left and Right balanced XLR outputs.
When switched to USB mode the USB DI Plus VC is powered via the USB cable, so no batteries or phantom power required to use it.
In Analog Mode:
Many Tablet Devices, Phones and iPads have no direct USB Digital Audio output, and interfacing their Audio with the professional world of balanced audio can be problematic.
Switching the USB DI Plus VC to Analog mode effortlessly solves this problem by buffering the audio signal from the Headphone or Line output and producing a Professional Balanced Line Level audio signal on Left and Right balanced XLR outputs.
To ensure reliability, Analog mode is passive with no batteries or phantom power required for use.
Both the USB DI Plus VC Digital and Analog operating modes feature full transformer balanced output isolation. This eliminates earth loops / ground hum and helps remove extraneous interaction noise and distortion ensuringt noise free operation even in the harshest audio environments.
USB DI Plus VC - Still Plug-and-Play but with an external gain / volume control allowing users to vary the sound levels at a distance from the mixing console.
Plug and Play
The USB DI installs as a fully compatible generic USB audio device, requiring no special driver program installation on Mac OSX and Win XP or later
The front panel has a Type B USB input connector, plus a Mini-Jack stereo Analog input, as well as two 6.5mm Left and Right analog jack inputs. A front panel switch will switch between the USB or Analog Inputs
The rear has two transformer balanced analog audio XLR Line out connectors for connecting to any standard balanced analog input, with a Mono Outputs switch and an audio Ground lift switch
A USB status LED on the front panel indicates that the USB DI Plus is connected and operating in USB mode.
The USB DI Plus VC is housed in a heavy duty all-steel chassis finished in attractive matt textured polyurethane, with hardwearing epoxy screen printing and slip resistant rubber base pad.
It is ideal for interfacing any USB equipped computer (especially notebook computers) with the balanced inputs of professional sound systems.
Security features include an optional bracket kit for under-table mounting.
The USB DI Plus VC includes a premium quality USB-A to USB-B cable, and is hand made in Australia
- Input Connector Digital - USB type B port
- Input Connectors Analog - Stereo Mini-Jack input, standard Left and Right 6.5mm Jacks
- Codec 24 bit High Resolution, 44.1 and 48 KHz
- Output Impedance 300 Ohms Transformer Balanced
- Output Level Maximum nominal output level 0dB, user variable via front panel volume control
- Output Noise
- USB - System dependent
- ISO transformer - Enviroment sensitive
- Frequency Response 20 - 20 KHz ± 0.5 dB
- Power Operating current via USB Port 80mA in uSB mode
- Output Connectors: 2 x Male XLR, wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 – Cold. Pin 1 - switchable via Ground Lift switch on rear
- Construction: All-steel chassis, fibreglass PCB, epoxy printing, slip-resistant rubber base pad
- System Requirements for USB operation
- Computer running Windows XP, 7/8/10 or Mac running OS X or later
- USB port
- Precision engineered: With a couple of exceptions, all products in the Audibox range share a common footprint and manufacturing platform. Offset lid screws enable close side-by-side mounting of multiple units.