The d:fine™ 66 Headset Microphone combines the legendary sound of the 4066 Omnidirectional Capsule with the lightweight and flexible d:fine™ Headset system. This condenser mic is easy and fast to adjust and it offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom.
Like all of the microphones in the range, the d:fine™ 66 Headset Microphone offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities. Users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion. The microphone capsule is also optimized for low distortion as well as humidity resistance.
The d:fine™ 66 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone is available with single- or dual-ear mounts. Single-ear mount variants are the quickest to put on and often the best choice when miking needs to be fast and easy. Dual-ear mount variants sit more securely around the head and are ideal for active performance situations.
Available in black, beige and brown, the d:fine™ 66 has been ergonomically designed to fit comfortably and easily around the head. This mic adjusts to fit any ear size and head shape while at the same time it mounts securely and is hardly visible. By rotating the boom and the ear hook, the microphone can be easily used on either the left or right ear.
- Pristine audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting to both the left and right
- Minimal visual impact
- Resistant to humidity
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation Pressure
- Cartridge type Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4 Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL) Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) - Legacy < 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) - CORE < 1% THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range - Legacy Typ. 97 dB
- Dynamic range - CORE Typ. 111 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping 144 dB
- Output impedance 30 - 40 Ω. From DAD6001: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance) For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter.
- Connector MicroDot
- Color Black, beige, or brown
- Weight Single Ear: 10g
- Microphone diameter 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length 12.7mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable color Black, beige, or brown
- Cable diameter 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH) Up to 90%