A favorite of broadcast show hosts and voice-over studios, the Electro-Voice RE20 Dynamic Broadcast Microphone offers a wide frequency response. Now available in black!
A true cardioid microphone, the RE20 offers greatest rejection at 180º off-axis — directly to the rear of the microphone. Pattern control is so consistent that the frequency response is nearly independent of angular location of the sound source, creating virtually no off-axis coloration, yet providing the greatest possible rejection of unwanted sounds.
An integral blast and wind filter covers each acoustic opening on the RE20. In recording sessions or onstage, singers can "close talk" the microphone, singing with their lips almost touching the grille screen with no worry of "P-pops" or excessive sibilance. Part of the filter also shockmounts the internal microphone element, reducing the transfer of vibrations from external sources.
The exceptional performance of the RE20 is achieved by using a large Acoustalloy diaphragm in combination with an exceptionally low-mass aluminum voice coil. Using this diaphragm assembly, the RE20 is capable of reproducing extremely high sound pressure levels with no fear of the overload and distortion often experienced with phantom-powered condensers. The RE20 will also continue to function flawlessly in high humidity and elevated temperatures that would seriously degrade competitive condenser microphones.
- Favorite of broadcast show hosts and voiceover studios
- Variable-D technology minimizes proximity effect for smooth and consistent sound
- Finely engineered cardioid polar pattern provides 180 degrees of off-axis rejection with no coloration
- Voice tailored frequency response brings out rich fundamental and chest voice
- Large diaphragm delivers condenser-like sensitivity and response
- Humbucking coil further reduces noise from poor grounding
- Generating Element: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 45 - 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 ohms balanced
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Length: 216.7 mm (8.53 in.)
- Widest Diameter: 54.4 mm (2.14 in.)
- Body Diameter: 49.2 mm (1.94 in.)
- Finish: Fawn Beige
- Net Weight: 737 g (1 lb, 10 oz)
- Shipping Weight: 1,474 g (3 lb, 4 oz)
- Accessories Furnished: 81715 stand clamp
- Optional Accessories: 309A shock-mounted stand adapter for use with floor stand or recording boom
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Getting the legendary sound of the RE20 combined with video podcast set friendly aesthetics made this a no-brainer.