The AES Digital DA 2X4 is a distribution system for digital audio signals. It can accept either an AES or S/PDIF digital audio stream, and create four identical AES outputs. The AES DA is 100% bit-accurate and transparent to the source, adding absolutely no delay or latency to the signal. The AES input and all four AES outputs are individually transformer balanced and isolated from ground. The S/PDIF input signal is converted to an AES standard level and source impedance. The AES I/O is via XLR connectors; Pin 1 is connected to the AC “safety” ground. The S/PDIF input is via an RCA connector; the shield is isolated from the AC ground. No user adjustments or calibration is necessary. A blue “Signal” LED confirms the presence of an input signal.
The AES Digital DA 2X4 is powered with a built-in AC power supply, which can be set by the user to operate on either 115 or 230 volts AC. The AES Digital DA 2X4 is 1/3 rack wide, and can be mounted using the optional Rack Shelf. It can also be mounted with Henry Engineering’s Desk Mount Kit or the wall/ cabinet mounting brackets.
- AES3 Input 110 ohms, transformer balanced
- S/PDIF Input 75 ohms, unbalanced
- AES Outputs 110 ohms, transformer balanced X4
- Sample Rate 32 kHz - 192 kHz
- Bit Depth >24 bits
- Power Input 115 or 230 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 3W
- Physical Size 5.7"w x 1.7"h x 6.0"d, 3 lbs
- Construction Steel enclosure
- Approvals City of Los Angeles ETL/CE/ROHS