The Mackie Big Knob Studio+ is a 4x3 monitor controller with a 2x4 USB I/O. Now there are three products in the Big Knob lineup, studios of any size will benefit from the professional source/monitor selection and precise level control that made the original such a popular choice. Plus, with the addition of high-resolution Onyx USB recording and playback, studios get a powerful, hybrid solution that is truly greater than the sum of its parts.
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
Sure, we all know the Mackie Big Knob is the go-to monitor controller for studios the world over. But, now that we've added in the high-resolution goodness of an Onyx recording and playback solution, Big Knob truly becomes the nerve center for your studio. Or, if you are looking for excruciatingly simple volume control/monitor switching, the Big Knob Passive delivers at an amazing price.
Proven Pro Source and Monitor Selection
The Mackie Big Knob has proven itself for more than a decade as the go-to monitor controlling solution for project and professional studios. The all-new Big Knob family takes the best of this classic workflow, delivering the right solution for the modern studio.
Hi-Rez Premium Onyx Recording/Playback
Both the Big Knob Studio and Big Knob Studio+ offer high-resolution USB interfacing at resolutions up to 192 kHz, featuring dual Onyx mic preamps, delivering an ultra-wide 60 dB of gain range and award-winning sound quality.
Comprehensive Flexible Integration
The expanded Big Knob lineup offers models with unique feature sets and I/O to suit a huge range of applications. Features like dual headphone outs, a dedicated amp-driven studio out, a true cue mix and more ensure Big Knob will fit right into your studio or workspace.
- Professional source and monitor selection
- Choose between 4 sources and 3 monitor pairs
- Classic Big Knob volume control
- Independent trim on all sources and monitor outs
- Mono, mute, and dim functions
- Flexible 2x4 USB recording interface
- Two boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps including phantom power for condenser microphones
- High-resolution 192kHz / 24-bit recording and playback
- Cue mix allows controlled blending of direct inputs with other signals for zero-latency recording
- Choice of recording paths provide flexibility for applications like podcasting
- Comprehensive feature set for professional studios
- Flexible source connections including convenient front panel 1/8" input for your smartphone
- Dual headphone outs with independent level control and both USB and Aux source options
- Flexible talkback options including external mic input and footswitch control
- Dedicated amp-driven studio output perfect for headphone distribution system
- 16-segment high-resolution input source metering
- Sturdy "Built-Like-A-Tank" design
- Compatible with all major DAWs on both Mac and Windows
- Includes Tracktion recording software