OVERVIEW: CHANGE IS GOOD
(This is the FM-only version of the Omnia.11. For the FM/HD version, see 2001-00382)
From the very beginning, the developers of the Omnia.11 were determined to create a processor which would stand head and shoulders above the legendary Omnia 06.
So, Team Omnia started with a fresh canvas.
Everything from the firmware platform, the GUI, to every algorithm was re-thought, and in most cases completely re-engineered or re-designed. The result is unlike any existing product of its kind to date. Omnia.11 has literally defined the new state-of-the-art for FM audio processing, as evidenced by a trifecta of awards from the three leading industry publications: 2010 Cool Stuff Award from Radio World Magazine; 2010 Pick Hit from Radio Magazine; 2010 TechInk Award for Innovation by Radio Ink Magazine.
For the first time, listeners will hear the programming, not the processor. Effortlessly loud. Thunderous bottom end, sparkling highs, and crisp, clear voice reproduction. All with that trademark punch and clarity which made Omnia the required audio processor of the highest-rated radio stations in the world.
So dramatic is the advancement of Omnia.11, that initial tests have revealed that many early adopters were genuinely startled by the lack of a traditional “processor sound” when the unit was first deployed. The low level distortion and artifacts, long accepted as part of the fundamentals of processing, are now almost completely gone and certainly not perceptible to the ear.
The firmware in Omnia.11 takes advantage of software capabilities never before possible. The results are dynamics algorithms that were once only a dream of the processing enthusiast. AGCs, Compressors, and Limiters analyze music in real time and adjust internal parameters for optimum performance across a broad range of material.
Available in two models:
Omnia FM: Without HD/DRM capability, but can be upgraded to FMHD at a later date.
Omnia FMHD: Featuring dual, independently controlled processing paths for FM and HD/DRM
- Newly developed intelligent wideband AGC
- Newly refined dynamically flat and time aligned crossovers
- New dual-topology multiband AGC/Compressor/Limiters using Chameleon Processing Technology
- New Density Detector for properly handled hypercompressed content
- New Ultra- LoIMD multiband limiter system with smart gain-reduction technology
- New Bass-Management system for unprecedented bass power with no nasty side-effects
- New Ultra LoIMD distortion controlled clipper system designed specifically to reduce IM distortion in this critical stage of the processing
- Newly refined Integrated laboratory-grade stereo generator with dual composite MPX outputs
- 19 kHz reference output
- SCA input
- >80 dB pilot protection and precision MPX LPF to protect RDS/RBDS and SCA signals
- ITU- BS-412 MPX limiter
- Analog, AES/EBU digital (with external sync input) and Livewire I/O
- Front panel 10.5" full-color touch-screen GUI
- Full remote control with built-in webpage interface via Ethernet port or on-board Wi-FI
- Headphone jack with soft "patch points" for listening thorough the processing chain
- Diversity-Delay up to 20 seconds with ramp-in and ramp-out ability
- Fanless cooling design built into a rugged 4 RU chassis