The Catapult TX4M and RX4M are four-channel mic level splitters and isolators that allow you to split four mic feeds and transmit them over a single standard cat5 shielded twisted pair cable. This allows you to split mics to three different locations; such as front-of-house, monitors, and a recording device. Mic level isolation transformers in both units keep each destination isolated from the others, eliminating problems that arise from ground loops such as buzz and hum. The TX4M has four XLR-F inputs and four isolated XLR-M outputs. Both units feature RJ45 type Ethercon connections with ground lift switches. Phantom power can be provided to the mics via the direct outputs, so long as a shielded Cat 5 cable is used.
The Catapult TX4 and RX4 are four-channel audio snakes that allow you to send analog and AES digital audio signals over standard Cat 5 shielded twisted pair cable. This allows for the use of existing Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable infrastructure to connect audio signals from one part of a building to another, or to run sub-snakes over long distances with inexpensive and lightweight cable. This allows stage techs to take advantage of the relatively low cost of this abundantly available cable for return snakes or for transporting balanced audio across a large stage. For the system contractor, the Catapult lets you take advantage of pre-wired networks to connect audio from one room to another.
As with all Radial products, the Catapult is constructed with solid 14-gauge steel to handle the rigors of live touring and is finished in a powder-coat finish to keep your Catapult looking good for years! Inside, a two-sided PCB is used to mount the connectors and transformers doubling up the solder joints for maximum durability.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Send analog audio or digital AES signals over Cat 5/6 cable
- Works within a building's existing cable infrastructure
- Choice of direct-wired or isolated splits
- Transmits four AES signals (eight audio channels)
- Audio circuit type: Passive mic splitter, transformer based
- Frequency response: 7Hz ~ 20KHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.001%
- Dynamic range: 140dB
- Maximum Input: +35dBu
- Minimum load impedance: 100 ohms
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.003%
- Common mode rejection: >113dB
- Handle: Makes it easy to move your catapult
- Ground lift: Disconnects ground on RJ45 connector
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size: L: 8 1/8 x W: 4 1/8 x H: 2
- Weight: 2.6 LBS
- Shipping size: L: 11 x W: 5 x H: 2.75
- Shipping weight: 2.9 LBS
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable