The Radial J48 has been designed from the ground up to deliver the most natural tone. As a direct box manufacturer, we do not believe it is our task to alter the sound of your prized '1962 Fender Jazz Bass', but retain and transfer the true character of the instrument to the mixing console without adding distortion or introducing artifact. This design philosophy has gained a tremendous following from many of the world's most demanding musicians.
Using only 48V phantom power, the Radial J48 is an active direct box that produces an exceptionally linear response that extends from 20Hz up to well above 40kHz. Low distortion of all types is achieved via a unique digital switching power supply that raises the internal operating rail voltage for added headroom and improved signal handling. The results are truly amazing. The J48 delivers an ideal even-order harmonic cascade and a sonic performance that outperforms DIs costing several hundreds more.
Radial's innovative book-end design protects switches and connectors from abuse while the internal I-beam construction eliminates stress on the PC board. This serves to reduce solder joints from going 'cold' and delivers trouble-free performance for years. A full-bottom no-slip pad provides mechanical and electrical isolation while providing plenty of 'stay-put' for rockin' stages!
The Radial J48 is used by artists as diverse as acoustic guitarist Tommy Emmanuel; super-star engineer Joe Chiccarelli; and one of the most successful bands of all time Fleetwood Mac. The Radial J48… the world's finest 48V phantom powered active direct box.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Merge function: IN and THRU jacks are summed to mono
- Input pad: -15dB
- Polarity: 180º signal polarity reverse switch
- Low-cut filter: -3 dB @ 80Hz
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Audio circuit type: Proprietary analog circuit with low-noise op-amp
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Dynamic range: 109dB
- Noise floor: -99dB below 0dBu
- Equivalent input noise: -103dBu
- Maximum input: +10dBu
- Phase deviation: +10º at 20Hz 0º at 1kHz -1º at 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002% @ -5dBu
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.003% @ -3dBu
- Input impedance: 220k„¦ - 1/4" input
- Output impedance: 600„¦ - XLR output
- Power: 48V phantom - proprietary digital switching
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lb (720 g)
- FCC approval: Complies with section 15 of the FCC Rules
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable