The DD-BN22 is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. It features two XLR mic or line inputs and two XLR mic or line outputs on the front panels. Special software is not required to configure the DD-BN22. Each XLR input provides three switches that may be set from the front of the unit when the cover plate is not installed. One switch enables or disables P48 phantom; the second switch selects the mic or line gain range; the third switch sets the gain. Each XLR output provides a switch to set the output to balanced professional line level or mic level. The DD-BN22 fits a standard US dual-gang electrical box or an RDL WB-2 back box for installations in thinner European or equivalent walls. The DD-BN22 is PoE powered, and is available in multiple finishes with optional customized graphics.
The two XLR inputs are each converted to a separate Dante network transmit channel. Three gain settings are switch-selectable for both the mic and line input ranges to match condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels.
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level on front-panel XLR jacks. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network digital audio level of -20 dBFS. Each output is equipped with a selector to set the output to line level or attenuate the output by 50 dB to mic level. These switches are located on the top of the chassis and are set by the installer prior to mounting the unit.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DD-BN22 is a professional grade product with discrete mic preamplifiers for studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through metal XLR jacks housed in a stainless steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel Decora front plates.
The DD-BN22's superior performance specifications make it ideally suited to the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial networked audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform. Built to last.
- Dante Network Interface for Two Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- Inputs and Outputs on XLR Jacks on front panels
- Converts Two Standard Mic or Line Audio Sources to Dante Network Channels
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Mic or Line Level
- Special Software Not Required for Module Setup
- Each Input is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Switch-Selectable Mic Gain: 40 dB, 48 dB or 62 dB
- Switch-Selectable 48 V Mic Phantom (P48)
- Switch-Selectable Line Gain: Unity, 12 dB or 19 dB
- Each Output is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance
- Network Connector:RJ45 with Link and Speed indicators
- Digital Audio Ethernet Protocol:Dante
- Transmission Rate: 100 Mbps
- Sample Rates Supported:44.1 kHz, 48 kHz (default)
- Bit Depth Supported:24 bits
- Audio Operating Level:-20 dBFS = +4 dBu
- Reference Level:0 dBFS = +24 dBu
Mic/Line Inputs to Network Interface
- Inputs (2):XLR (female)
- Gain:Mic: 40 dB (LO), 48 dB (MED), 62 dB (HI); Line: Unity (LO), 8 dB (MED), 19 dB (HI)
- Input Level (for +4 dBu/-20 dBFS):Mic: -36 dBu (LO), -44 dBu (MED), -58 dBu (HI); Line: +4 dBu (LO), -8 dBu (MED), -15 dBu (HI)
- Input Level (maximum):Mic: -16 dBu (LO), -24 dBu (MED), -38 dBu (HI); Line: +24 dBu (LO), +12 dBu (MED), +5 dBu (HI)
- Input Impedance:> 2.5 k ohms (MIC); > 5 k ohms (LINE)
- Phantom Power:P48, 48 Vdc, switch-selectable
- Standard for Phantom:IEC 61938: 2013
- Selectors per input (3):Phantom, Mic/Line, Gain
- Frequency Response:20 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- Equivalent Input Noise:-130 dBu (62 dB gain); -132 dBu A-Weighted
- Noise below -20 dBFS (20 to 20 kHz):Mic: < -72 dB (LO), < -72 dB (MED), < -68 dB (HI);
- Line: < -72 dB (LO), < -72 dB (MED), < - 70 dB (HI)
- THD+N:< 0.1% (20 Hz to 20 kHz, +4 dBu/-20 dBFS); 0.015% at 1 kHz (typ)
- CMRR:> 65 dB (50 Hz to 120 Hz)
- Crosstalk:Below Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz at operating level, any input to any input, max. mic gain)
Network to Mic/Line Outputs
- Outputs (2):XLR (male)
- Output Level (operating):+4 dBu nominal LINE level balanced; -45 dBu nominal MIC level (into 150 ohms)
- Output Level (maximum):+24 dBu LINE level
- Output Impedance:150 ohms balanced
- Selector per output:Mic/Line
- Frequency Response:20 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- THD+N:< 0.1% (20 Hz to 20 kHz,+4 dBu/-20 dBFS); 0.015% at 1 kHz (typ)
- THD:< 0.01% (1 kHz)
- Noise:< -80 dB (below +4 dBu); < -100 (below +24 dBu)
- Crosstalk:Below Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz at operating level, output to output)
- Headroom above +4 dBu/-20 dBFS:20 dB
- Indicators (4): Ethernet Link and Speed (2, rear panel); Sync and Power (2, front panel)
- Ambient Operating Environment:0° C to 40° C; 30° C maximum recommended
- Power Requirement:PoE Class 0, IEEE 802.3af
- Specification Conditions:Gain/Level: +/- 1 dB; Source termination: 150 ohms; A to D values measured in digital domain
- Dimensions:3.52" (8.94 cm) W; 4.11" (10.44 cm) H; 2.09" (5.31 cm) D
- Package Type:Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions:3.625 x 4.625 x 2.125 in.
- Shipping Weight:1.09 lbs.
- WEEE weight:0.935 lbs.
- Tariff code:8517.18.0050