The FP-ALC2 is the ideal choice in many applications where consistent stereo audio levels are needed from consumer sources with varying audio output levels. Power connections are made using either the full-size barrier block or a dc power jack.
The FP-ALC2 is a dual-channel (stereo) module featuring phono jack INPUTS and OUTPUTS. A single user adjustment makes installation simple and efficient. The gain adjustment is set as high as possible with the loudest source without the INPUTOVERLOAD indicator flashing. No further adjustments are needed. Foreground as well as background sound systems fed from variable audio source levels, such as multiple CD changers or satellite receivers, benefit from consistent levels.
The automatic level control circuitry in the FP-ALC2 maintains a consistent −10 dBV output for input signal variations as great as 25 dB. Yet the operation of the module is nearly transparent to the listener for a wide variety of source material from rock to classical. The FP-ALC2's low profile and compact size permit mounting in confined spaces and in various convenient locations.
- Consistent Levels from Variable Sources
- Split-Band AGC for Audio Transparency
- Self-Adjusting Attack and Release Times
- AGC with Simple Single-Control Setup
- Level Control Range > 20 dB
- Gated Control to Avoid Level Seeking
- Convenience of RDL FLAT-PAKs
- Inputs (2):10 k ohms unbalanced phono jack
- Input Level:-10 dBV (nominal)
- Outputs (2):200 ohms unbalanced phono jack
- Output Level:-10 dBV
- Automatic Level Range:-30 to 0 dBV
- Gate Threshold:-40 dBV (20 Hz to 3 kHz)
- Frequency Response (excluding AGC):20 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- THD+N< 0.15% (20 Hz to kHz)
- Noise:< -90 dB (below −10 dBV)
- Headroom:> 18 dB
- Indicator (1):INPUT OVERLOAD
- Ambient Operating Environment:0° C to 55° C
- Power Requirement:GROUND-REFERENCED, 24 Vdc @ 80 mA
- Overall Dimensions:Height: 1.20 in. 3.05 cm; Width: 3.25 in. 8.26 cm; Length: 5.75 in. 14.61 cm
- Package Type:Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions:4.375 x 7 x 2.25 in.
- Shipping Weight:0.88 lbs.
- WEEE weight:0.63 lbs.
- Tariff code:8518.40.2000