Hear it in action on Radio Design Labs' website!
The FP‑CH8 is an electronic chime generator that produces eight different synthesized chimes. Each chime can consist of up to 3 tones and 3 harmonics selected to produce sonically natural effects. Certain chimes are single tones and some are a sequence. Each of the 8 chimes is triggered by an individual external closure to ground. A momentary closure to ground is required to start a chime. A single additional CONT (continuous) terminal is also provided. Each chime plays once unless the CONT terminal is grounded. The continuous function causes a chime strike or sequence to repeat until the CONT terminal is ungrounded. This function causes tone chimes (Chimes 4 and 8) to be extended in duration until the CONT terminal is released. Background music or paging audio may be connected to the MUSIC IN input. When a chime plays, the music source will be quickly faded to a level set on the front‑panel DUCKING trimmer. The ducking fade depth may be adjusted from 0 dB to fully off, allowing chimes to be mixed with the music or to interrupt the music. The front‑panel CHIMING indicator illuminates while music is ducked and a chime is playing. WAIT and IGNORE terminals are provided to prevent or delay chiming action.
Chime patterns are: single strick, double strick, triple strick, tone ring, manual strick, decending triple strick, eurosiren and multi‑tone alert.
Power supply is required. Not included; order separately.
- 8 Individually Selectable Electronic Chimes
- Selectable Single or Repeated Chime
- Synthesized Bell Harmonics for Natural Sound
- External Chime Actuation
- Input for Background Music or Paging Audio
- Automatic Ducking
- Music Input: 50 k ohms balanced or unbal, +22 dBu max.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 50 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- THD+N: < 0.05% (unity gain, 50 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Noise below +4 dBu: < -70 dB (unity gain)
- Headroom: > 16 dB (above +4 dBu)
- Gain: Unity to +22 dB (adjustable)
- Ducking Fade Depth: 0 dB to fully off (adjustable)
- Output: 150 ohms balanced, + 4 dBu or 75 ohms unbal.
- Trigger Inputs (8): Trigger on high to low transition, 0.5 mA
- Control Inputs (3): WAIT (play delay), IGNORE (no playback), CONT (continuous repeat)
- Control Outputs (2):
- CHIMING (Open-collector low @ 25 mA),
- EOC (low 100 mS at end of chime)
- Power Requirement:
- GROUND-REFERENCED 24 to 33 Vdc @ 100 mA
- Height: 1.36 in. 3.46 cm
- Width: 3.25 in. 8.26 cm
- Length: 5.0 in. 12.7 cm
- Ambient Operating Environment: 0° C to 55° C