The HR-MP2A is a dual channel microphone preamplifier with line-level outputs. Each section provides identical rear-panel signal connections and front-panel controls.
Each preamplifier is equipped with a front-panel INPUT PAD switch that allows the operator to attenuate the input signal by 15 dB prior to the preamplifier input stage, increasing the maximum input level from +5 dBu (attenuator out) to greater than +20 dBu. A POLARITY switch provides signal polarity reversal if needed. The GAIN control provides continuous adjustment between 20 dB and 60 dB. A CLIP LED flashes if a signal peak is within 3 dB of clipping. The trigger threshold of the CLIP LED is 17 dB above a normal +4 dBu output.
The HR-MP2A offers exceptional input headroom, wide flat frequency response and extremely low noise with very high common-mode signal rejection. Total harmonic distortion and crosstalk are below the noise floor, allowing the HR-MP2A to be operated as a stereo preamplifier or as two separate mono preamplifiers.
Each preamplifier provides two balanced line-level output formats: Detachable terminal block and ¼” TRS. A separate summing amplifier provides a combined mono output on a line-level detachable terminal block. Balanced outputs may be wired unbalanced. The rear panel also provides a detachable terminal block and a power input jack to connect 24 Vdc power.
The HR-MP2A is constructed in a durable half-rack-width shielded metal enclosure for free-standing use or for mounting in an RDL rack adapter, available separately.
- Two Independent Microphone Preamplifiers
- Balanced XLR Microphone Inputs
- Independent Controls for Each Preamplifier
- Front-Panel 20 to 60 dB Gain Control
- Switch-selectable 48 Volt Phantom
- Switch-Selectable 15 dB Input Pad
- Switch-Selectable Polarity Reversal
- Switch-selectable 48 Volt Phantom for Both Preamplifiers
- CLIP Indicators for Peaks 3 dB Below Clipping
- Balanced Line-Level Outputs
- Each Output Allows Balanced or Unbalanced Connection
- Each Preamp Output on 1/4" TRS or Detachable Terminal Block
- Separate Summed Output 1 + 2 on Detachable Terminal Block
- Input level (for +4 dBu output):-56 dBu to 0 dBu (maximum gain without pad, minimum gain with pad)
- Maximum Input Level:>+5 dBu (input pad disabled), +22 dBu (input pad enabled)
- Input Impedance:> 1 k ohms balanced
- Phantom power:Switchable (both preamplifiers) 48 V phantom (IEC 61938: 2013)
- Input pad (2):15 dB nominal (1 per preamplifier)
- Outputs (5):Each preamplifier (rear-panel): Detachable terminal block, 1/4" TRS
- Mono sum (rear-panel): detachable terminal block
- Output level:+4 dBu balanced, -4 dBV unbalanced; +24 dBu maximum balanced
- Output Impedance:150 ohms balanced
- Channels:2 (1 and 2; may be used for stereo or as two separate mono preamplifiers)
- Gain Trim (2):20 dB to 60 dB (front panel adjustable; one for each preamplifier)
- Frequency Response:10 Hz to 70 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- THD:Below noise floor
- CMRR:> 80 dB (50 Hz to 5 kHz)
- Residual Noise (below +4 dBu output):<-85 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 40 dB gain, 150 ohms source); <-70 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 60 dB gain, 150 ohms source)
- Crosstalk:Below noise floor
- Indicators (3):POWER LED (blue), CLIP (2, red)
- Power Requirement:24 Vdc @ 165 mA (190 mA with phantom), Ground-referenced
- Mounting:Rack-mount using optional rack adapters such as HR-RA2; or operate free-standing (feet included)
- Dimensions:Height: 1.7 in, 4.3 cm; Length: 8.6 in, 20.6 cm; Depth: 4.59 in, 11.66 cm
- Package Type:Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions:9.5 x 7 x 2.25 in.
- Shipping Weight:2.68 lbs.
- WEEE weight:2.32 lbs.
- Tariff code:8518.40.2000