The RU‑SC2 is the ideal choice in installations when two RS‑232 devices requiring full‑duplex communication are to be connected at a long distance. Connection to the RS‑232 device is made on the front panel. The RS‑422 input and output connections and power connections are made on the rear panel through full‑size, clearly identified, barrier block terminals. Two RU‑SC2s may be connected (using the RS‑422 connections) at each end of 2‑pair of long, balanced, twisted‑pair line to permit feeding data between two RS‑232 ports, thereby permitting serial communications over much greater distances than with conventional serial cables.
- Conversion RS-232 ⇔ RS-422
- Serial Data Over Long Lines
- Rack-Mountable Convenience
- Input/Output: 1 each RS-232 (front panel-DB9 female) and RS-422 (rear-panel barrier block)
- Baud Rate: Determined by RS-232 device, up to 115.2 kbps
- Indicators: 2 LED indicators (Transmit and receive)
- Power Requirement: GROUND-REFERENCED, 24 to 33 Vdc @ 125 mA
- Ambient Operating Environment: 10° C to 55° C
Note: Power supply not included.