The RU-SM16A is the ideal choice in most applications where audio level metering is to be designed into a system or added to existing equipment. The RU-SM16A has two separate inputs. Each input may be individually calibrated for unbalanced consumer, balanced professional, 8 Ohm speaker line or constant voltage speaker lines (25 V, 70 V or 100 V). All connections are made using detachable terminal blocks.
A rear-panel switch selects variable or fixed calibration for 25V, 70V, 100V and +4 dBu sources. In the "variable" position, front-panel multi-turn trimmers adjust the calibrated meter levels.
Rear-panel switches allow the installer to set each meter individually for either peak or average audio level display. In stereo applications, either peak or average is typically selected. In monaural installations, it may be advantageous to feed the mono source to both meters, setting one for peak and the other for average. In either mode the upper three LEDs (+10, +14, +18) remain in the PEAK HOLD mode.
The RU-SM16A uses bright LEDs for good visibility. Each channel input has a label area for identification of the source or function being metered.
- Precision Audio Level Metering
- Digital 16 LED String Display Indication
- Two Mono Meters or Stereo Metering
- Line-Level, Speaker-Level or 25/70/100 V Audio Input
- Selectable Fixed or Variable Calibration
- Individual Channel Calibration Controls
- Selectable Peak or Average Metering
- Peak-Hold Display for +10, +14, +18 dB
- Inputs (2):Line level or Amplified speaker level
- Input Impedance:> 40 k ohms balanced or unbalanced
- 0 dB Calibration:Fixed or Variable (switch-selectable)
- Fixed Input Level:+4 dBu (+4 switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- 25 V* (25 V switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- 70 V* (70 V switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- 100 V* (100 V switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- Variable Input Level Range:-24 dBu to +12 dBu (+4 switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- 2 V to 90 V* (25 V switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- 4 V to 90 V* (70 V switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- 5 V to 100 V* (100 V switch settings, for 0 dB reading)
- *Constant-voltage or low-impedance (4 Ohms, 8 Ohms) amplifier output
- Metering Freq. Response:20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Indicators:SIG, -20, -15, -12, -9, -6, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1.5, +3, +6, +10, +14, +18
- (+10, +14, +18 are PEAK HOLD indicators only)
- Metering Response: Each channel individually selectable PEAK or AVG (switch-selectable)
- Rise Time (10% to 90%): PEAK MODE 50 us AVERAGEMODE 130 ms
- Rise Time (0% to 100%): PEAKMODE 60 us AVERAGE MODE 300 ms (VU Characteristic)
- Fall Time (90% to 10%): PEAK MODE 65 ms AVERAGEMODE 185 ms
- Fall Time (100% to 0%): PEAK MODE 100 ms AVERAGEMODE 300 ms (VU Characteristic)
- Ambient Operating Environment:0° C to 55° C
- Power Requirement:GROUND-REFERENCED, 24 Vdc @ 250 mA
- Package Type:Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions:6 x 6 x 2.625 in.
- Shipping Weight:1.205 lbs.
- WEEE weight:0.965 lbs.
- Tariff code:9030.40.0000