The RU2-CS1 controls 8 open-collector outputs. It also provides 8 separate 0 to 10 Vdc outputs to control external VCAs or other equipment with 0 to 10 Vdc control inputs. Eight status inputs are provided for sensing external switch or transistor closures. The RU2-CS1 connects to a computer through an RS-232 serial link. Commands may be initiated from a terminal program or from user software.
OUTPUT TERMINALS − A command will either activate or deactivate each of the eight open-collector outputs. A separate command simultaneously activates or deactivates all outputs. A pulse command will provide a 100 mS pulse at a designated output. Each output is pulled to ground when it is active.
0 TO 10 VOLT OUTPUTS − The ramp rate for each output can be preset individually or globally. Output commands then initiate a ramp from the present level to a newly defined level. The output level (one or all) may also be sent directly to a new level without ramping. A separate command will set the RU2-CS1 to report the completion of ramping. Each 0 to 10 Vdc output may be programmed to output 0 to 5 Vdc without any loss of resolution.
STATUS INPUT TERMINALS − The RU2-CS1 may be set to provide an alert any time an individual status input terminal changes state (low to high, high to low). Global commands allow enabling or disabling alerts from all status inputs. The controlling computer can also query the status of an individual terminal or all status terminals. A separate command allows the program to provide an alert when a defined pattern of all eight status terminals occurs.
The RU2-CS1 may be operated without any response codes fed back to the computer. An initialization command sets all parameters to known values at the beginning of the user program. Error codes may be enabled to assist in development of controlling software. Front panel LEDs show any active outputs, active status inputs, transmit and receive data, errors and power.
- RS-232 Control of RDL Modules
- Serial Control of OEM Products
- Control of Eight VCA Modules
- Status Inputs from Eight Sources
- Interface with Front Panel Indicators
- Free-Standing or Rack-Mounted Installation
- DescriptionSpecificationsRelated ProductsAccessoriesDimensionsDownloadsHow to Buy
- Control Input / Output:RS-232 (DB-9 female jack)
- Control Outputs (8):Open-collector, 50 mA
- Status Inputs (8):Low = active (internally pulled high to 5 V); MAX input 24 Vdc
- 0 to 10 VDC Outputs (8):22 ohms ground-referenced, 20 mA, 256 steps
- Ramp Rate 0 to 10 V Outputs:0.5 to 120 seconds (for full scale change); individually programmable
- Ambient Operating Environment:0° C to 55° C
- Power Requirement:GROUND-REFERENCED, 24 Vdc @ 200 mA
- Mounting:Mounts in 2 bays of RU-RA3 Rack Adapter or operates Free-standing
- Dimensions:Height: 1.75 in 4.40 cm; Depth: 3.98 in 10.10 cm; Width: 11.60 in 29.50 cm
- Package Type:Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions:12 x 8 x 2.75 in.
- Shipping Weight:3.105 lbs.
- WEEE weight:2.575 lbs.
- Tariff code:8517.62.0050