The SF-PA50A is a 50 Watt audio power amplifier that converts one analog input to a 70 V or 100 V constant voltage amplified output.
An analog audio source may be connected to either the mono balanced terminal block input or to the unbalanced Mini-Jack which sums the left and right channels to mono. Amplifier gain is set by the installer using a rear-panel single-turn potentiometer with an associated dual-LED VU meter calibrated to 20 dB below maximum power output.
The SF-PA50A is equipped with an internal VCA for setting the amplifier output level. A detachable terminal block provides for the connection of an external 10 kΩ potentiometer or a 0 to 10 Vdc control voltage. RDL remote controls are available to provide single-turn, multi-turn (rotary encoder) or pushbutton (ramp or fixed level selection) user level control. VCA control insures long term noise-free level adjustment.
The module is equipped with both thermal and output short-circuit protection. The high-efficiency Class D output stage produces minimal heat for all levels of expected voice or music modulation. Upon power-up and during overloads or overheating, an LED MUTE indicator glows yellow and the output is muted.
The SF-PA50A is equipped to operate from an included external 24 Vdc power supply. The SF-PA50A monitors the amplifier power and limits the current to protect the power supply from shutting down even during extreme feedback or square wave modulation conditions. A red rear-panel OVERLOAD PROTECT LED flashes when the SF-PA50A reduces power consumption to prevent shutdown of the power supply.
The SF-PA50A is constructed in a durable, professional all-metal enclosure suitable for free-standing, surface-mounted or rack-mounted operation. This full-featured SYSFLEX product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. The versatility of SYSFLEX products adds enormous flexibility in the design and installation of professional A/V systems.
- Analog Input Connectors (2):Balanced terminal block or stereo unbalanced Mini-Jack (L and R inputs summed to mono)
- Balanced Input Level:+4 dBu nominal, adjustable; -10 dBu minimum (for 20 dB below full output power); +25 dBu maximum (before clipping)
- Unbalanced Input Level:-10 dBV nominal, adjustable; -25 dBV minimum (for 20 dB below full output power); +10 dBV maximum (before clipping)
- Gain Adjustment:Single turn audio taper (with associated Dual-LED VU Meter calibrated to 20 dB below full output power)
- Input Impedance:>10 kΩ balanced, >5 kΩ unbalanced
- Common mode rejection:> 60 dB (balanced, 50 Hz to 120 Hz
- Power Amplifier Output:50 W RMS (70 or 100 V)
- Frequency Response:+0/-3 dB (50 Hz to 20 kHz)
- THD+N:< 1% (1 kHz)
- Noise:<-90 dB (below max power); <-80 dB (below 1/8 power)
- Indicators (5):Front-panel: Power (blue), Amplifier muted (yel), Rear-panel: Overload Protect (red), dual-LED VU meter (2)
- VCA:0 to 10 Vdc control, detachable terminal block (compatible with RDL VCA wall controls)
- Ambient Operating Environment:0° C to 40° C Maximum; 20° C Recommended
- Power Requirement:24 Vdc @ 2700 mA
- Power Supply (included):100 to 240 Vac, 50-60 Hz, IEC C14; Output to module: 24 Vdc
- Plenum Rating Standard:UL 2043
- Dimensions:Height: 1.7 in. (4,32 cm); Width: 5.83 in. (14,8 cm); Depth: 6.45 in. (16.38 cm)
- Package Type:Cardboard Box
- Package Dimensions:9.5 x 7 x 2.25 in.
- Shipping Weight:6.995 lbs.
- WEEE weight:5.87 lbs.
- Tariff code:8518.50.0000