Digital Wireless Designed to Make Collaboration and Learning Easier
The Sennheiser EW-DX EM 2 DANTE is a half-rack, dual-channel digital wireless receiver with Dante networking capabilities. It can be mounted on a rack (using the included rackmount set) for portable rigs and long-term A/V installations because it is housed in a tough, all-metal chassis designed to withstand the rigors of professional use.
Even in challenging RF environments, the extensive 87 MHz tuning range, intelligent switching diversity, auto-scan, equidistant tuning grid, and Link Density mode work to provide rock-solid wireless performance and considerable channel counts. The Smart Assist app's Bluetooth functionality enables you to remotely sync parts and change settings, while Sennheiser's Control Cockpit and Wireless Systems allow you to do the same.
Sennheiser EW-DX EM 2 DANTE Features
- For EW-DX Wireless Systems
- 2-Channel with Dante, 1/2 Rackspace
- Switching Diversity, Equidistant Grid
- Wide 87 MHz Bandwidth, 3480 Frequencies
- Standard and Link Density Mode
- Bright OLED Display
- Set Up/Operate from Phone via Bluetooth
- Network-Enabled for Monitor and Control
- Secure AES 256 Encryption
- Expandable to 293 Channels/330' Range
- Wireless Technology: Digital UHF
- Number of RF Channel Frequencies: 3480
- Diversity: Intelligent Switching Diversity
- RF Frequency Band: R1-9: 520 to 607.8 MHz
- RF Bandwidth: 87 MHz
- Frequency Step Size: 25 kHz
- RF Channel Scanning: Auto-Scan
- Max Operating Range: 328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)
- Max Transmitters per Band: 293
- Bluetooth: 5.1 LE
- Bluetooth Operating Distance: 120' / 36.6 m (Transmitter Sync, App Control)
- Latency: 1.9 ms
- Receiver Type: Tabletop / Rackmount
- Mounting Options: Rackmount (with Included Hardware)
- Rackmount Size: 1 RU (1/2 Rack)
- Antenna: 2 x 1/4 Wave Rod, BNC (Rear-Mount)
- Number of Audio Channels: 2
- Audio I/O: 2 x XLR 3-Pin Male Balanced Output, 2 x 1/4" TS Female Unbalanced Output
- Audio Output Level: +18 dBu (Max), +12 dBu (Max)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +3 dB
- Network I/O: 3 x RJ45
- Network Protocols: Dante, TCP IPv4, TCP IPv6
- Word Clock I/O: None
- USB/Lightning Connectivity: None
- Standalone Audio Interface Capable: No
- RF Output Power: 10 mW (EIRP)
- Power Requirements: AC/DC Power Adapter, PoE
- AC/DC Power Adapter: 11 to 13 VDC (Included)
- DC Input Power: 12 VDC
- AC Input Power: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
- Display & Indicators: 1 x OLED (AF Level, Channel, Frequency, Output Level, RF Level, Transmitter Battery Status)
- Housing: Metal
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 131°F / -10 to 55°C
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95%
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 1.7 x 7.4" / 212 x 44 x 189 mm
- Weight: 2.2 lb / 1 kg (without Antenna)
Sennheiser EW-DX EM 2 DANTE Downloads
Product documents are provided as a courtesy and may not reflect the most up-to-date information. Please contact us for the most up-to-date information.
The Next Evolution... of Evolution Wireless
Sennheiser has a long and storied history in the world of professional audio, creating microphones used in all applications from world famous studios to Superbowl halftime shows. Part of that history is their Evolution Wireless product, first introduced in the year 2000. Our company’s first purchase order for the first generation of Evolution Wireless was dated January 7th of the year 2000 in fact, so apparently our computer system survived any potential Y2K bugs if you recall that fiasco.
Since the release of the first generation of EW series products, Sennheiser has continued to innovate and improve their lineup and has created one of the longest running wireless product series our industry has seen. Traditionally the Evolution Wireless brand has been a staple for mainstream venues such has churches, schools, and small to mid-size performance venues with Sennheiser having maintained a series or two above the EW series for major performance and broadcast applications.
This brings us to why we are so excited about the EW-DX product lineup. In recent years as live streaming and social media has changed the way we consume content, a place in the market for higher end features at a more traditional venue price-point has become very apparent. Sennheiser’s EW-DX lineup will fit at a place that we see an increasing need, for a variety of reasons:
- Equidistant Channel Spacing. Increases the number of channels within 1 TV channel space with NO Intermodulation. Some serious science behind this.
- 1.9ms latency. No Kung Fu movie artifacts here.
- 2 channel operation in a half rack space receiver. More space in your case.
- AF AND RF channel mute. Keeps the noise out of your PA when you thought you turned off the mic!
- Transmitter Dynamic range over 14dB better than many others. Go ahead cup that mic.
- Up to 12 Hrs. of battery life on the Lithium Ion rechargeables. Can you believe this guy is still talking?
- OLED Display on the receiver, E-Ink Display on transmitter. No more scrounging for my mag-lite.
- There are many other feature in the new EW DX that are notable, but these are the only ones that I could make a Smart Alec remark to describe.
Need more information to make your decision? Contact our Professional Account Managers Today!!!
Written by Tim LaPrade, one of those fantastic Account Managers.