For the Most Demanding Business and Professional Situations
The Sennheiser EW-DX MKE 2 SET is a dual-channel digital UHF wireless system with an impressive feature set designed to simplify your workflow while delivering uncompromised audio quality. It was meticulously engineered to meet the needs of demanding professionals working in business and educational settings, houses of worship, or on stage. A dual-channel, 1/2-rack receiver and two bodypack transmitters equipped with subminiature MKE 2 omnidirectional lavalier mics are included in this configuration.
The transmitters' impressive 134 dB dynamic range means that the mics can withstand practically any input level you can throw at them. Even in difficult RF environments, the extensive 87 MHz tuning range, intelligent switching diversity, auto-scan, equidistant tuning grid, and Link Density mode work to provide rock-solid wireless performance and enormous channel counts.
The Smart Assist app, which has Bluetooth capabilities, lets you remotely sync parts and adjust settings, while Sennheiser's Control Cockpit and Wireless Systems Manager software let you use a computer to manage larger networked setups. Components from the EW-D are backwards compatible with the EW-DX.
Sennheiser EW-DX MKE 2 SET Features
- For Two Presenters or Performers
- 2 Bodypack Transmitters, e-Ink Displays
- 2 MKE 2 Omnidirectional Lav Mics
- 2-Channel Diversity Receiver
- Wide 87 MHz Bandwidth, 3480 Frequencies
- 134 dB of Dynamic Range
- AES-256 Encryption, RJ45 Networking
- Set Up/Operate from Phone via Bluetooth
- 12-Hour Rechargeable Battery / 8-Hour AA
- Expandable to 293 Channels/330' Range
- Wireless Technology: Digital UHF
- Number of RF Channel Frequencies: 3480
- Included Transmitters: 2 x Bodypack
- Diversity: Intelligent Switching Diversity
- RF Frequency Band: R1-9: 520 to 607.8 MHz
- RF Bandwidth: 87 MHz
- Frequency Step Size: 25 kHz
- RF Channel Scanning: Auto-Scan
- Max Operating Range: 328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)
- Max Transmitters per Band: 293
- Built-In Recorder : No
- Bluetooth: 5.1 LE
- Bluetooth Operating Distance: 120' / 36.6 m (Transmitter Sync, App Control)
- Sample Rate/Resolution: 24-Bit
- Latency: 1.9 ms
- Dynamic Range: 134 dB
- Encryption: AES 256
- Receiver Type: Tabletop / Rackmount
- Mounting Options: Rackmount (with Included Hardware)
- Transmitter Type: Bodypack
- RF Output Power: 10 mW (ERP), 10 mW (EIRP)
- Audio I/O: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Input (Lockable)
- Muting: Mute Switch
- Audio Input Level: 2 to 4.35 V
- Auto-Level Control: No
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz -3 dB
- Sync Method: Bluetooth
- Antenna: 1 x Flexible Whip, Fixed (Beltpack)
- Power Requirements: Battery
- Battery Type: 2 x AA (Not Included), 1 x Sennheiser Battery Pack (Included)
- Battery Life: 8 Hours (Alkaline), 12 Hours (Sennheiser Battery Pack)
- Display & Indicators: 1 x Backlit LCD (Battery Status, Mute)
- Housing: Metal
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 131°F / -10 to 55°C
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95%
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 3.3 x 0.8" / 63 x 85 x 20 mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz / 120 g (without Batteries)
- Microphone Type: Lavalier
- Color: Black
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 26 dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB SPL
- Sensitivity: 5 mV/Pa at 1 kHz
- Outputs: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Male (Lockable, on Attached Cable)
- Cable Length: 5.2' / 1.6 m
- Operating Voltage: 7.5 V
Sennheiser EW-DX MKE 2 SET Downloads
Product documents are provided as a courtesy and may not reflect the most up-to-date information. Please contact us for the most up-to-date information.
The Next Evolution... of Evolution Wireless
Sennheiser has a long and storied history in the world of professional audio, creating microphones used in all applications from world famous studios to Superbowl halftime shows. Part of that history is their Evolution Wireless product, first introduced in the year 2000. Our company’s first purchase order for the first generation of Evolution Wireless was dated January 7th of the year 2000 in fact, so apparently our computer system survived any potential Y2K bugs if you recall that fiasco.
Since the release of the first generation of EW series products, Sennheiser has continued to innovate and improve their lineup and has created one of the longest running wireless product series our industry has seen. Traditionally the Evolution Wireless brand has been a staple for mainstream venues such has churches, schools, and small to mid-size performance venues with Sennheiser having maintained a series or two above the EW series for major performance and broadcast applications.
This brings us to why we are so excited about the EW-DX product lineup. In recent years as live streaming and social media has changed the way we consume content, a place in the market for higher end features at a more traditional venue price-point has become very apparent. Sennheiser’s EW-DX lineup will fit at a place that we see an increasing need, for a variety of reasons:
- Equidistant Channel Spacing. Increases the number of channels within 1 TV channel space with NO Intermodulation. Some serious science behind this.
- 1.9ms latency. No Kung Fu movie artifacts here.
- 2 channel operation in a half rack space receiver. More space in your case.
- AF AND RF channel mute. Keeps the noise out of your PA when you thought you turned off the mic!
- Transmitter Dynamic range over 14dB better than many others. Go ahead cup that mic.
- Up to 12 Hrs. of battery life on the Lithium Ion rechargeables. Can you believe this guy is still talking?
- OLED Display on the receiver, E-Ink Display on transmitter. No more scrounging for my mag-lite.
- There are many other feature in the new EW DX that are notable, but these are the only ones that I could make a Smart Alec remark to describe.
Need more information to make your decision? Contact our Professional Account Managers Today!!!
Written by Tim LaPrade, one of those fantastic Account Managers.