Lightweight, Comfortable, and Rugged For Daily Utilization
By utilizing sophisticated technologies to deliver a digital UHF system that can be scaled with ease, Sennheiser EW-DX streamlines your professional workflow. A network-ready system that is created to integrate seamlessly benefits classrooms, corporate campuses, and live performance productions with its advanced feature set and hardware options. While tools like Sennheiser's Control Cockpit, Wireless Systems Manager, and Smart Assist App enable you to remotely monitor your system, AutoScan quickly assesses your environment and deploys frequencies using equidistant channel spacing.
Sennheiser EW-DX SK Features
- 134 dB input dynamic range - no need to set gain on your wireless transmitters at all, thanks to proprietary Sennheiser Performance Audio Codec (SePAC)134 dB input dynamic range - no need to set gain on your wireless transmitters at all, thanks to proprietary Sennheiser Performance Audio Codec (SePAC)
- 10mW fixed RF power for up to 100 m/328 ft of range
- Charging contacts for in-device charging with CHG 70N charger (sold separately)
- Persistent E-Ink display for "always on" information - parameters visible on screen even when taking out batteries
- Up to 12 hours of operation time with rechargeable lithium ion battery BA 70 (sold separately)
- Function buttons - control all the transmitter settings directly from bodypack including button lock function
- Programmable mute switch - RF mute, AF mute or disabled
- Digital audio trim
- Mic input trim control
- Test tone generator
- Switchable LED configuration (On/Off)
- Switchable low cut (Off, 30 ,60, 80, 100, 120 Hz)
- Instrument input with cable emulation to simulate cable characteristics
- Versatile charging options optionally available: CHG 70 N, L 70 USB, LM 6070 Module for L 6000 full rack charging station (Availability in 2023)
- Compatible with a wide range of Sennheiser lavalier and headset microphones with 3.5 mm jack plug connection
- Metal housing
- Worldwide usage (specific frequencies subject to local RF regulations)
- Note: All components of the Evolution Wireless Digital Family are designed to interoperate. Please be aware of restrictions of features linked to the respective series, such as switching bandwidth and use of Link Density mode.
- Wireless Technology: Digital UHF
- RF Frequency Band: Q1-9: 470.2 to 550 MHz , R1-9: 520 to 607.8 MHz
- RF Bandwidth: 87 MHz
- Frequency Step Size: 25 kHz
- RF Channel Scanning: Auto-Scan
- Max Operating Range: 328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)
- Built-In Recorder : No
- Bluetooth: 5.1 LE
- Bluetooth Operating Distance: 120' / 36.6 m (Transmitter Sync, App Control)
- Sample Rate/Resolution: 24-Bit
- Latency: 1.9 ms
- Encryption: AES 256
- Transmitter Type: Bodypack
- RF Output Power: 10 mW (ERP), 10 mW (EIRP)
- Audio I/O: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Input (Lockable)
- Included Cable Connector: None
- Muting: Mute Switch
- Audio Input Level: 2 to 4.35 V
- Auto-Level Control: No
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz -3 dB
- Sync Method: Bluetooth
- Antenna: 1 x Flexible Whip, Fixed (Beltpack)
- Power Requirements: Battery
- Battery Type: 2 x AA (Included), 1 x Sennheiser Battery Pack (Not Included)
- Battery Life: 8 Hours (Alkaline), 12 Hours (Sennheiser Battery Pack)
- Display & Indicators: 1 x Backlit LCD (Battery Status, Mute)
- Housing: Metal
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 131°F / -10 to 55°C
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95%
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 3.3 x 0.8" / 63 x 85 x 20 mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz / 120 g (without Batteries)
Sennheiser EW-DX SK Downloads
Product documents are provided as a courtesy and may not reflect the most up-to-date information. Please contact us for the most up-to-date information.
The Next Evolution... of Evolution Wireless
Sennheiser has a long and storied history in the world of professional audio, creating microphones used in all applications from world famous studios to Superbowl halftime shows. Part of that history is their Evolution Wireless product, first introduced in the year 2000. Our company’s first purchase order for the first generation of Evolution Wireless was dated January 7th of the year 2000 in fact, so apparently our computer system survived any potential Y2K bugs if you recall that fiasco.
Since the release of the first generation of EW series products, Sennheiser has continued to innovate and improve their lineup and has created one of the longest running wireless product series our industry has seen. Traditionally the Evolution Wireless brand has been a staple for mainstream venues such has churches, schools, and small to mid-size performance venues with Sennheiser having maintained a series or two above the EW series for major performance and broadcast applications.
This brings us to why we are so excited about the EW-DX product lineup. In recent years as live streaming and social media has changed the way we consume content, a place in the market for higher end features at a more traditional venue price-point has become very apparent. Sennheiser’s EW-DX lineup will fit at a place that we see an increasing need, for a variety of reasons:
- Equidistant Channel Spacing. Increases the number of channels within 1 TV channel space with NO Intermodulation. Some serious science behind this.
- 1.9ms latency. No Kung Fu movie artifacts here.
- 2 channel operation in a half rack space receiver. More space in your case.
- AF AND RF channel mute. Keeps the noise out of your PA when you thought you turned off the mic!
- Transmitter Dynamic range over 14dB better than many others. Go ahead cup that mic.
- Up to 12 Hrs. of battery life on the Lithium Ion rechargeables. Can you believe this guy is still talking?
- OLED Display on the receiver, E-Ink Display on transmitter. No more scrounging for my mag-lite.
- There are many other feature in the new EW DX that are notable, but these are the only ones that I could make a Smart Alec remark to describe.
Need more information to make your decision? Contact our Professional Account Managers Today!!!
Written by Tim LaPrade, one of those fantastic Account Managers.