Retro-modern and built to last! Building on TASCAM's long history of providing professional quality cassette decks, the TASCAM 202mkVII dual cassette deck is ideal for professional studios, houses of worship, audio/music enthusiasts and more. And to bridge the gap between the analog and digital worlds, the 202mkVII adds USB conversion for easy digital archiving of your favorite tapes.
Dual Cassette Transport
The dual twin-head decks can each be used for recording or playback, or can be used together. Recording and playback is supported on both decks. Additionally, TAPE 1 has pitch control and TAPE 2 has an RTZ (Return to Zero: return the counter to 0000) function.
Parallel Recording Feature
The parallel recording function for TAPE 1 and 2 records audio to both decks simultaneously, creating two tapes with the same source. A master tape and a copy for distribution can be created simultaneously when immediate distribution is needed after recording, skipping the need for duplicating the master tape.
Dubbing the contents of one tape to the other is available at the touch of a button.
USB Recording Output
Cassettes can now be recorded and archived to an external USB-capable digital recorder using the 202mkVII USB output. Archive your cassette collection to digital media for playback digitally, or create new recordings using the new microphone mixing function and then transfer them digitally via USB.
Recordable Mic Input
A front panel microphone input is available and can be mixed with cassette 1 audio and recorded real time to cassette 2 for karaoke or voice over applications. Even connect a musical instrument like guitar, bass, or electronic keyboard and record. A separate microphone input function allows you to control the microphone volume for a perfect vocal (or instrument) mix.
In "SPECIAL" playback mode, you can monitor the sound from one tape using headphones while the other tape is playing (outputting from LINE OUT), making it easy to cue another tape.
* In "NORMAL" playback mode, as with conventional models, when playing a tape in either system, the sound is output from LINE OUT and PHONES.
- Dual cassette deck for playing, dubbing, or recording 1 or 2 cassettes
- USB output for archiving a cassette to an external digital recorder
- Microphone input with level control can be mixed with cassette 1 and total mix recorded to cassette 2; convenient for karaoke and announcements
- Headphone jack output with separate level control for audio verification or private monitoring
- "SPECIAL" playback mode that allows you to cue the next song on a tape by monitoring the sound with headphones while another tape is playing
- RCA analog unbalanced outputs; stereo RCA input
- RTZ (Return to Zero) function that returns the tape to the zero count point (TAPE 2 only)
- Repeat playback function
- +/-12% pitch control function (TAPE 1 only)
- Parallel recording function for TAPE 1/2 that can reduce time for dubbing cassettes
- Supports recording and playback of normal tapes (Type I) and chrome tapes (Type II) - For metal tapes (Type IV), only playback is supported
- Dedicated wireless remote control
- Noise reduction function to reduce hiss during playback (equivalent to Dolby B NR)
- 3U rack mount design
Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stero
Head Construction: Record/playback head x 1 (each deck)
Erase head x1 (each deck)
Tape Speed: 4.8 cm/sec
Pitch Control: ±12%
Fast Winding Time: Approx 120 sec (c-60 tape)
Wow and Flutter: 0.25% (W.RMS)
Freq Response (Overall)
Normal tape (Type I): 30 Hz-13 kHz (±4 dB)
High position tape (Type II): 30 Hz–15 kHz (±4 dB)
Signal to Noise Ratio (Overall): 59 dB (at maximum recording level input, A-Weight)
ANALOG INPUT jacks (RCA):
Reference input level: -9 dBu(0.28 Vrms)
Maximum input level: +20 dBu(7.75 Vrms)
Input impedance: 33k Ω
MIC input jack (standard mono jack):
Minimum input level: -66 dBu(0.38m Vrms)
Input impedance: 3k Ω
ANALOG OUTPUT jacks (RCA):
Reference output level: -4.5 dBu(0.46 Vrms)
Load impedance: 1k Ω
Headphones Output (stereo 1/4” Phone jack): 15mW+15mWï¼ˆ32 Ωï¼‰
*1dBu = 0.775Vrms
USB (USB 2.0 Full SPEED):
Connector: USB B-type
Sampling frequency: 8/11.025/16/22.05/32/44.1/48 kHz
Quantization bit rate: 8/16 bit
Windows: 10, 8.1, 8, 7
MAC: MacOS High Sierra, MacOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, OS X Mavericks, OS X Mountain
Power USA CANADA: AC 120v, 60 Hz
Power Consumption: 14W
Dimensions: 18.98" x5.44"x 11.25"
Wireless remote controll (RC-1331): 1
AAA batteries: 2
A rack-mounting screw kit: 1
Owner's manual/warranty: 1