Designed for studio and stage use, the Tascam SERIES 8p Dyna is a 1 RU rackmountable mic preamp with selectable analog compression on each channel, as well as low-noise preamps, dual S/MUX optical ports, and selectable +48V phantom power on a per-channel basis. Because of this, you can use the unit as an expansion device for S/MUX equipped interfaces, as a front-end for DANTE setups, or as a standalone front end.
On the front of the unit, you'll find two combination XLR-1/4" input jacks for mic, line, or instrument usage. The rear provides six more XLR-1/4" combination jacks for line or microphone inputs. You'll also find eight 1/4" line outputs and a DB25 connector for all eight analog outputs. BNC wordclock I/O and optical ports are found on the rear as well.
The front panel offers individually switched 48V phantom power as well as comprehensive metering via digital peak and level meters. The unit ships with its own power supply.
- 8 HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) microphone preamplifiers
- Single-knob analog compressor with true bypass, individually assignable to each input channel
- 2 front-panel instrument (Hi-Z)-microphone combo inputs
- 6 rear-panel balanced mic/line inputs
- Individually switched +48V phantom power per channel
- Dual S/MUX optical outputs: 8 channels at up to 96 kHz; 4 channels at 176.4 or 192 kHz (ADAT compatible)
- 8 line-level 1/4-inch balanced TRS analog channel outputs
- 8 line-level balanced channel outputs on a 25-pin D-Sub connector
- Wordclock in and out on BNC connectors, with In/Out/Thru switch
- Front-panel analog overload indicators, compression indicators, and digital peak and level meter bars
- Rugged metal 1U rackmount enclosure