This handheld microphone from Telefunken is a superior alternative to the industry standard microphone.
Featuring a wider frequency response and higher SPL capabilities the M80 from Telefunken delivers condenser-like performance in a rugged dynamic design, producing a handheld microphone equally suitable for voice, instruments or drums on both stage and in the studio.
TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik has created the M80 to give the user a superior alternative to the midrange-laden character of the "industry standard microphone."
- A wider frequency response and higher SPL capabilities the M80 delivers condenser-like performance in a rugged dynamic design, producing a microphone equally suitable for on both the stage and in the studio.
- Due to its low mass capsule and super thin (yet surprisingly rugged) capsule membrane the M80 presents a wider range of emotion from a live vocal with an intimacy that has been traditionally reserved for studio quality condenser microphones.
- The head grill and capsule assembly have been designed to reduce proximity effect resulting in added low-end clarity for vocals, while still providing strength and authority with an open airy character. A tight cardioid polar pattern and a frequency response boasting a subtle rise in the high-end result in a microphone that is ideal for live vocal applications.
- The TELEFUNKEN M80 also features a custom wound impedance matching transformer which is where the magic really takes place. When coupled with our proprietary capsule assembly, the results have won hearts and minds in far less time since it's introduction than we ever imagined possible.
- Type Dynamic Moving Coil
- Capsule 25mm
- Frequency Range 30Hz / 18kHz
- Polar Pattern Super-cardioid
- Sensitivity 1.4 mV/pa
- Output Impedance 300 ohms
- Maximum SPL >140dB
7.25" (184mm) length x 1.88" (48mm) diameter
Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Weight 13.1 oz (371g)
- Connected Via XLR-3
- Supplied Accessories Microphone clip, leather carrying case, packing tube