It's time to reimagine remote broadcasting with the definitive remote codec of our generation. Tieline's revolutionary new ViA portable codec sets a new standard in wireless remote broadcasting and will fundamentally change the way you perform live remotes.
Picture yourself or an announcer taking your codec to a remote site, powering it up and tapping a single button on a color touchscreen to get connected – just like making a phone call. Wouldn’t it be great if remotes were that simple? Well now they are – with ViA.
The days of complicated remote codec configuration are over. Tieline’s innovative approach revolutionized mobile reporting with the Report-IT Enterprise smartphone app. Now ViA leverages this experience to bring you the simplest and most intuitive codec user interface available today. Going live is literally child’s play! Power up, tap “Connect” and go live. That’s all you need to do to get connected with ViA.
Remotes without limits
Overview of ViA Connection Options
Our mission is to empower you with the technology to go live where no broadcaster has been before, and make it simpler. Thousands of Tieline codec owners have been using IP successfully over the public internet for over a decade, so we know how to do IP remotes! In fact, way back in 2004 Tieline was the first codec manufacturer to offer IP, ISDN and POTS solutions from a single codec.
ViA delivers more IP choices and backup options than ever before. Use ViA’s 4.3 inch color LED touch screen to choose which IP interfaces you want to bond and transmit crystal clear, low delay audio from the most demanding remote locations.
Connect using dual LAN Ethernet ports, or 2 USB modems, or use the on-board Wi-Fi module to connect over Wi-Fi. Insert an optional POTS or ISDN module and the codec is instantly transformed to connect over alternative network transports. This means you can configure primary and backup connections over different network transports as required, or use them as your IFB circuit.
Fuse-IP and SmartStream PLUS
With Tieline’s proprietary Fuse-IP data aggregation technology you can bond any IP interfaces you choose. Imagine the peace of mind knowing you can bond 2 USB modem data links from different Telcos and let Tieline’s Fuse-IP technology automatically manage the data capability of each link!
Tieline understands flexibility is paramount for remotes, so you can even bond a USB modem with a Wi-Fi connection, or bond two Ethernet connections. ViA also includes Tieline’s SmartStream PLUS dual redundant streaming software, which has set the benchmark for redundant IP streaming over the public internet. Some manufacturers charge thousands of dollars for IP management software like SmartStream PLUS as an optional extra, however Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast, so you get it for FREE.
Nobody likes a traffic jam, least of all broadcasters dealing with IP packet congestion! With Tieline’s SmartStream PLUS and Fuse-IP technologies, as well as automated jitter buffer management and error correction strategies, you can be assured of trouble-free motoring on the information superhighway!
Program and Communications
ViA seamlessly integrates with Tieline’s Merlin and Merlin PLUS audio codecs to transmit high fidelity, full duplex stereo program audio with a separate bidirectional IFB circuit. As an example, you could use a USB data modem to broadcast your main program feed and another USB modem or Wi-Fi to transmit your IFB circuit. Now that’s flexible!
ViA is flexibility. New input and output options deliver more integrated solutions than ever before, including features like:
- 3 balanced mic/line XLR inputs & 3 headphone outputs
- Digital AES3 stereo input
- Analog or digital auxiliary input
- Intuitive, simple to connect LED touch screen
- Supports 2 separate mono connections, stereo, or stereo plus a separate IFB circuit (all connections bidirectional)
- Dual Gigabit LAN ports
- Optional ViA ISDN & ViA POTS interface modules
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi and 2 x USB cellular options
- IP Bonding of up to 3 IP interfaces with Fuse-IP
- Includes SmartStream PLUS as standard
- Automated backup over IP, ISDN or POTS
- Linear audio plus a wide range of algorithms as standard, including Opus, Tieline Music and Music PLUS, aptX Enhanced, MPEG1 Layer 2, MPEG 3, LC-AAC, HE-AACv1 & v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, G.711 and G.722
- Features added with periodic updates
- Ships with a road case, battery and power supply as standard
- Analog Audio Inputs: 3 x Female XLR mic / line inputs
- Analog Audio Outputs: 2 x Male XLR
- AES3 In: 1 x Female XLR (Channel 1 in; shared with Ch1 analog input & Ch 1 AES 42 input)
- AES42 (via input 1): 1 x Femaile xLR (Channel 1 in; shared with Ch1 analog input)
- Auxiliary Inputs/Outputs: S/PDIF RCA in/out, or mini-USB in/out, or stereo 3.5mm Jack line input
- Headphones Out/Aux Out: 3 x 6.35mm (1/4") Jacks
- Control Port In/Out: Four relay inputs and our opto-isolated ouptus via DB15 connector
- IP: Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG-1 Layer 2, MP3, LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HEAACv2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, Opus, 16/24 bit Enhanced apt-X Enhanced
- IP (uncompressed): Linear PCM16/24 bit 48kHz sampling
- Data and Control Interfaces
- USB: 2 x USB 2.0 Host ports
- LAN: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- ISDN via module: Optional via module slot
- POTS via module: Optional via module slot
- Seria: RS232 via female DB9 connector
- Front Panel Interfaces
- Display: 4.3 inch LED color touch screen
- Navigation: Touchscreen or 5 button keypad
- Dimensions: 5 5/16" x 3 1/4" x 7 7/8" (135mm x 80mm x 200mm including rear connectors)
- Weight: 1.62 kg (with battery)
- Power: Li-ion internal battery or External 12VDC 3A Power Supply