This version of the Yellowtec iXm reporter's microphone comes with a Pro Line supercardioid head. The Pro Line features mic heads that are fine-tuned for the requirements of everyday interview work. All Pro Line heads are rugged dynamic microphones with enhanced magnetic technology.
This dynamic mic head is ideal for very loud environments because it captures more sound from the front and rejects sound from the sides. The frequency response curve is optimized for excellent capturing intelligibility of speech. When used outdoors, however, a windscreen is recommended. Note: Image shows iXm with Premium Line (by Beyerdynamic) cardioid head.
The iXm features an integrated recorder and a choice of interchangeable mic capsules (Premium Line by Beyerdynamic, Pro Line by Yellowtec) in omnidirectional, cardioid and supercardioid patterns that deliver high speech intelligibility and low handling noise sensitivity.
The iXm features the LEA engine, an innovative processor that ensures perfect auto leveling in any environment. The LEA lets you capture pristine recordings under the most stressful conditions, with no AGC and no artifacts. Files are stored on an exchangeable SD memory card as WAV, BWF or MP2.
Its intuitive recording section comes with just two buttons and three indicators. The record and stop buttons offer easy thumb-on operation. Markers can be set during the interview by pressing the record button again. Three bright indicators show status information for record, memory and battery.
Twist-Off-Twist-On (TOTO) exchangeable mic heads give you the options you need to perfectly match your recording environment. Whether you require a cardioid, super-cardioid or an omnidirectional pickup pattern, you can easily change it right on the spot. TOTO auto sensing detects which type of mic head you're using and automatically adapts the DSP to the right parameters. There's no need for any manual settings.
Its unique dual power supply offers total operation time of up to 16 hours. Because the iXm comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a battery compartment for three standard AA cells, you get power assurance on location. Its intelligent power management will automatically load-balance power sources without asking for your attention. And in the unlikely event you ever run low on power, your dashboard warns you well in advance, so you can replace the AA batteries for another eight hours of operation.
You can listen to your recordings during a field check using the built-in headphone output. Use the playback keys to jump from track to track. When you do, human voice announcements guide you through your each recording. No need to follow track indicators.
The port panel on the bottom of the iXm holds all the interfaces. You will find a USB 2.0 port for downloading your recordings and recharging the internal battery. Use this port to configure your iXm for your individual preferences. The SD card slot is well protected against accidental ejection. An integrated headphone output makes your field check easy. There's also a 3.5mm jack for recording line levels, a valuable feature if you want to use iXm to record a supplied mic feed during press conferences. A connector is included for use with an optional speed charger.
The iXm boasts a built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot. Its recording capacity is based on widely available SD and SDHC cards with memory capacity of up to 32GB.
When you share iXm with others on a team, take your SD card with you and use it with any external SD-card reader. Or, if you do not wish to swap memory cards, download your recordings via USB to a computer for sharing and editing.
The iXm comes with sample presets and default settings already installed. In addition, you can use the additional power of iXm's customizable Toolkit to set your all your personal preferences. Parameters are well grouped on several tabs to ease your navigation and help you to change your preferences. Toolkit offers a multi-level password protection system. This makes it easy to control and design the sound parameters and offer individual preferences to configuration as well.
Yellowtec Supercardioid capsule Features:
- Dynamic capsule
- Designed for very loud environment
- Rejects side-generated sound
- Filters ambient noise
- Optimized frequency response curve for excellent speechcapture/intelligibility
- A windscreen is recommended when used outdoors
Yellowtec YT5060 Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 1,5 dB @ 44.1+ 48 kHz
- Input refered noise: -105 dB (@60dB Gain)
- THD+N: 0,01% @ 20 dB GainTHD+N
- Gain: Up to 60dB gain
- High Pass Filter: 12 dB/oct. @ 80, 100, 120, 150,180, 200 Hz (switchable)
- Capsule Filter: 3 times parametric filtersautoselected by capsule type recognition
- Line Input Level (balanced): -20 dBu …. 6 dBu @FS
- Line Input Level Unbalanced: -20 dBu …. 0 dBu @FS
- THD+N: 0,01% or -78 dB @ -3 dBFS
- Line Output Level Balanced:-20 dBu …. 6 dBu @FS
- Line Output Level Unbalanced: -20 dBu …. 0 dBu @FS
- Line Output Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 1dB @ 44.1 and 48 kHz
- THD+N: 0.01% or -78 dB @ -3 dBFS
- Sampling Frequenzy: 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz
- Bit Resolution: 16 Bit
- Audio Formats: Linear PCM, MPEG 1 Layer 2
- Bit rates MPEG mono: 128, 160, 192 kbps
- Bit rates MPEG dual channel: 256, 320, 384 kbps
- Number of Channels: 1 Mono or 2 dual channel (Mono)
- Minimum Impedance: 16 Ohm
- Output Power: 40 mW @ 16 Ohm
- Memory Card: SD or SDHC Memory Card up to 16 GB
- File System: FAT16 FAT32 (SD-CARD)
- File Format: BWF, WAV, MP2, Support of BWF Headerinformation (Version 0)
- Data Connection: USB 2.0
- Recording Time: depends on SD-Card and File-Format. Example: 2 GB = 22,75hrs @192 kBps mono.
- Total Length Recorder: 7.6"
- Diameter Recorder: 1.5"
- Weight Recorder: 0.62 lbs