Smaller than the standard X32, this Compact Digital Mixer delivers the best features in a smaller package. Lean Mean Mixing Machine
What happened to the X32? It's there... just a little bit smaller. The X32 COMPACT Digital Mixer delivers the best of the flagship X32 console in a slightly smaller package for installs at smaller venues, houses of worship, theaters or discerning audio smiths who may not need as many local inputs or motorized faders.
Powered by MIDAS & KLARK TEKNIK
When we began development on the X32 COMPACT, we called on our sister companies, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their digital consoles and EQ/FX processing, for implementation support. The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 COMPACT are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters. The resulting design ensures superior common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and extremely low harmonic distortion (THD). The X32 COMPACT is an amazingly clean amalgam of high technology merged with superb user-friendly features.
We also received brilliant support from MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK in designing X32 COMPACT's GUI (graphical user interface), a major advancement in digital mixing made easy, productive, and well... fun! They also drew on their extensive experience in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) coding for rock-solid, ultra-low latency digital channel patching-giving the X32 COMPACT the capacity to handle up to 168 sources on 168 destinations, including the two AES50 ports. You can expect to see more collaboration between BEHRINGER and MIDAS in the very near future.
You're Well Connected
Ultimate connectivity remains the battle cry of the X32 COMPACT with its 40 inputs, 25 buses, 16 programmable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, FireWire and USB 2.0 recording capability. Not sure which X32 is right for you? We totally get it. That's why the entire X32 family is designed to be beautifully scalable through the powerful AES50 ports built right in. Connect the powerhouse S16 digital snakes to these inputs to add an additional 16 mic preamps to your setup.
Travel Light... Travel Far
Need another X32 for side of stage or the broadcast control booth? X32 COMPACT packs all the features with the same great 7" TFT screen and customizable LCD scribble strip so you can take on the world of sound with all the firepower you'll ever need - without hauling a world of outboard gear and analog snake cables.
Compose. Record. Mix. Share.
TRACKTION 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so we're including it free of charge with select BEHRINGER products. This powerful, yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything you've seen before, putting everything you'll need on your desktop, on a single-screen - without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACKTION doesn't limit the number of tracks you can record, or the number of effects you can use. In fact, the only limitation is your Mac or PC computer's processing power. Recording and editing couldn't be easier; simply drag, drop, cut, copy or paste. Once your magnum opus is finished, share it with other "Tracktioneers" so they can listen, collaborate and edit.
- Compact 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 17 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
- 8 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge-no host PC required
- High-resolution 7" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via dual AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
- Additional user-definable control section allows to set up short-cuts to your favorite views or parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System** plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX "Plug Ins", downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany