WL40V - a wireless capsule version of the incredible SR40V
Earthworks advanced technologies have made it possible to create a hypercardioid HIGH DEFINITION MICROPHONE with a 40kHz high frequency response. This provides an exceptional ability to capture minute details that conventional cardioid microphones miss. Like the SR40V, the WL40V capsule features impressive impulse response which allows the microphone to capture fast transients with great accuracy and precision. Its incredible gain-before-feedback and exceptional ability to reject sounds from the rear of the microphone make the WL40V a perfect tool for live sound, recording and broadcast applications. Its near-perfect polar response provides the same pristine sound quality at both the front and sides of the microphone. The WL40V is machined and hand tooled from high quality, aircraft-grade metals in our New Hampshire based facility. The capsule features a textured black finish and comes with the Earthworks 15 year warranty. The WL40V redefines vocal microphone capsules and will dramatically enhance the performance of any compatible wireless handheld transmitter.
Compatibility with Wireless Handheld Transmitters
The WL40V wireless capsule is interchangeable with most screw-on-type handheld transmitters that receive a 31.3mm/pitch 1.0mm threading (1.25" x 28 thread pitch). The WL40V utilizes a conventional 3-ring concentric connector with the outer ring as common-, middle ring as power+ and center ring as audio +. Please verify that your wireless transmitter has the same 3-ring concentric ring configuration as described above to insure proper functionality of the capsule
The Earthworks High Definition WL40V microphone capsule can be utilized as a significant upgrade for wireless transmitters utilizing a compatible 3-ring concentric interface. Earthworks unique microphone technology enables this capsule to capture vocals with extraordinary detail and incredibly clear articulation, and with fewer plosives. Upgrade your wireless microphone systems today, and enjoy all the exceptional benefits of Earthworks High Definition Microphone technologies in your wireless systems.
- High Definition Vocal Microphone Capsule™for Wireless Handheld Transmitters
- 30Hz to 40kHz Frequency Response
- Capture Detail That Other Microphones Miss
- Uniform Frequency Response at 0°, 45°& 90°
- 135dB SPL Max Acoustic Input
- More Gain-Before-Feedback
- Exceptional Rejection of Sounds From the Rear of the Microphone
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 40kHz +/-2dB @ 1 foot (30cm)
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mvj Pa
- Power Requirements: 3 to 12V@ 500~ using second and outer ring on 3-ring concentric connector
- Max Acoustic Input: 135dB SPL with 5V input (based on DC voltage supplied
- Distortion: Less than 3% THD
- Output: 10mvj Pa using center & outer ring on 3-ring concentric connector
- Minimum Output Load: 600 ohms between pins 2 & 3
- Output lmpedence: 3000, unbalanced (center & outer ring)
- Noise: 22dB@ capsule output (A-weighted)
- Diameter: 49mm
- Length: 93.98mm
- Weight: 0.2 lbs. (90g)
Note: 2 capsules shown.
FCC Consumer Alert
This disclosure informs consumers that wireless microphone users must cease any wireless microphone operations in the 600 MHz service band no later than July 13, 2020. In addition, in many instances they may be required to cease use of these devices earlier if their use has the potential to cause harmful interference to 600 MHz service licensees’ wireless operations in the band.
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website.